Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, today i just got back my car from the tow yard. and i took a look at my baby. All i can say is that i was so mad at myself. I went to these backroads with my friends and we were just doing the things we usually do. I took this turn which i had ran a few times at 60. Well, this time was a bit different. This time i screwed up and i had to pay for it big time. Basically, i was being an idiot and went too fast and bit the dirt. I hit a mound, which propelled me into the air for around 60 feet, flipped me, then landed me behind some tree. Needless to say, my car is gone. But I walked away with no injuries whatsoever, maybe just some sore muscles, but the wreck was pretty bad. All I can say is that Subarus are good cars, and this one saved my ass. The cops checked out the scene and said they were amazed that I had walked away without a scratch, literally. I am mad at myself for what I did to the car. At the same time, I was happy that it took care of me like that. The crash area was near a cemetery too, which was a bit freaky. But in the end, I think theres somebody upstairs telling me that they dont want me messin around, and that they are going to take my car from me, but not take me.

Im gonna post some pics, so i hope you guys will be careful out there. I am still going to get another Impreza, same year and same model, but this time i will learn to respect its power and ability. And maybe race again.... hehe..... MAYBE....:p

Attachments

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
your car might be gone, but look on the bright side, you are ok. you could've had some major injuries by the look of your car. hey where are you located? are you in the bay area? cause i know where city toyota is. if you are in the bay area, what road were you at?

·
Registered
1993 Impreza L Greyish
1,694 Posts
Wow... umm.... uhh... WOW. I'm glad you're okay.
:eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Considering the description of the accident, the car held up pretty darn good. You have insurance, or are you going to part it out?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah JZ 007.. i am in the bay area, I live in Pleasant Hill, and theres this road near there, Relize Valley road, a road near a cemetery in Pleasant Hill. Its a freakin crazy ass road, and i messed up while going down it.

Also I do have insurance, but I am not going to part the car out. I got full coverage.... the thing is... I got into the accident a day after I got my insurance..... i have such GREAT stinkin luck.....:bonk:

·
Registered
174 Posts
man, just when you think your life is going not so great... you come across a thread like this. sorry to see that man.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
well, at least you got insurance during the accident man. what if you didn't have insurance? that would've suck major ass!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't the RE92's???? Those are the cause for all accidents!!! J/K

Glad you are OK and glad to see that some people will actually admit when they mess up. :)Eric

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
we shouldn't always blame the RE92s. i know they suck, but being the driver, you should know their limits, and never push past the limit of the tyres.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all your kind words guys. its so scary thinkin about what could have happened... and at the same time i am so mad at myself for getting into a situation like this. I basically murdered my own buddy. I wanted that car since high school, and went through so much sh*t just to get it. and when i finally did... i screwed myself by being a dumbass...... you know, you gotta appreciate the things you got and not abuse it... damn it... i learned the hard way... I will try to find another car like this, but it wont be for a while. And now, anytime when i drive, i get really nervous and uneasy... it makes things hard. I do some crazy shit in my life... now I amd kinda thinkin back on all the things that could have gone wrong... and it freakin scares me..... but you know what? everyone is really helping me cope with this thing. it hurts me so bad and makes me so depressed..... i loved that car... and when i first heard that subaru would release an Impreza model "like" the japanese one, which is the 98 year, I wanted that one ever since.... so after 4 years of waiting, i got the car i wanted, jsut the way i wanted, and now i messed up..... anywho..... yeah.. thanks fora ll your support and stuf... makes mourning for the car feel..... a bit better..... but is still feels like you killed your own friend accidentally..... you all love your subies... you'll understand what i mean...... so tomorrow.... go to your cars and just appreciate it..... just take a moment to tap it on the hood and say, "Thanks for the rides, hope you can get me more fun times!" And be careful....

·
Registered
240 Posts
JZ oo7 said:
we shouldn't always blame the RE92s. i know they suck, but being the driver, you should know their limits, and never push past the limit of the tyres.
No shit... I was being sarcastic... ;)

Eric

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Imprezinator said:
No shit... I was being sarcastic... ;)

Eric
oh, i see. well, my friend totalled his WRX and it was sorta the RE92s fault. he started losing control, so he punched it. tyres didn't grip, and he spun. if he had better tyres they would've gripped when he punched it. of course, if he had better tyres, he probably wouldn't have lost control in the first place.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts