Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Mini Cooper S
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an '00 2.5rs. I took off the stock 6 spokes and put on a set of motegi 17x7 ff7's on. I think the offset is +42? Not positive. Anyways if I have some weight in the back like people or stuff in the trunk, when i go around a corner it wil rub pretty bad in the rear. Or if i hit a bad enough bump. The wheels stick out pretty close to in line with the rear quarter panels. Is there any way that i can stop? Any little tips or tricks are welcome. Thank you.

·
Registered
2000 subaru 2.5rs 4dr
2,510 Posts
the same thing happened to me when i put coil overs on with 2 of my bigger friends in the back seat the car would rub u need to remove the inner fender liner and roll the rears out some, or bang it in with a heat gun and rubber mallet, U should take care of this asap it caused me to blow my tire on the freeway scary stuff

·
Registered
04 Mini Cooper S
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I might just sell these wheels. Unless i can find someone that professionally rolls the fenders. Not something i really wanna do myself.

·
Registered
GM6
121 Posts
Some wheels with a similar offset were on my RS when I purchased it. I rubbed for a month or two and finally blew a tire on a nasty gravel road. I bought wheels that fit the next day and it was money well spent. Get rid of those wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts