Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock MY99 rs and i am wondering if i would have to do any suspention modification for 17 inch wheels so i wont have tire rub ect.

thanks,
russ

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is a difficult question to answer - there are too many variables involved... It really depends on what wheels you want and what size tires you want. as a general rule a wheel with a 48 offset will rub the fender with anything wider than a 205 tire (maybe even rub a little with a 205) and a +52 offset or higher is safe with a 215 width tire with stock supension.

what wheels and tires do you have your eye on? we can tell you if it should fit or not

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I had 17" wheels with a +40mm offset with 215/40/17 Eagle F1's on for 2 years and it would barely rub in the rear under hard cornering with stock suspension. I wouldn't recommend going below +48mm offset though. The would track bad on uneven roads with the +40mm wheels and can't imagine they were easy on the wheel bearings either. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHEEL SIZES

I AM LOOKING AT TEAM DYNAMICS MONZA 17'S, I THINK THERE 7.5 INCHES WIDE IM NOT SHURE ABOUT THE OFFSET. ILL CHECK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts