Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone to do both front wheel bearings on my 01 sedan rs! Every shop wants to charge me 600+ to do both I think that's a bit high just to do bearings. I'd do them myself but I have two new born twins and no space to do it! Located in north Hollywood ca

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Not out of the realm of reality. Wheels bearing suck to do and take a fair amount of time. At the same time you are disassembling other parts that probably need to be replaced to. Is it $600 just for the wheel bearings or does that include other part replacements as well.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not out of the realm of reality. Wheels bearing suck to do and take a fair amount of time. At the same time you are disassembling other parts that probably need to be replaced to. Is it $600 just for the wheel bearings or does that include other part replacements as well.

Only wheel bearings

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's fair. Local shop my buddy owns, charged me $369 to do one rear on my '01 Forester. That was straight labor with a discount. Took him 4 hours due to the long bolt. Fronts will be easier than rears but still time eaters.

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
I don't know why you're getting such high quotes.
I had our local shop do it for 60-70 a corner, just bring them the parts and the knuckle. Also expect the hubs to be bad. The Dormans are good replacements for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts