Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whattup!
I just wanna see how interesting people went on there stereo systems for their cars. Please post what you have on your car (stereo wise) with pictures.

I have two "15 Rockford Phosgate HX2's in a custom built enclosed box. 2 eclipse speakers installed in front (will be getting 8x9's in the back doors soon). 1200 watt Rockford Phosgate amp going to subs, 400 watt Rockford Phosgate going to eclipse speakers. Optima battery was installed for more power and a power cap voltage distributor was also installed. Un-installed the rear stock speakers to let bass air flow into the car for smoother, louder bass (I had to take apart the entire back seat to get these out). I still have a stock deck which sucks.

I will be getting the Sony Chameleon once Innovative Car Audio gives me the hook-up.
-All installments were made by Innovative Car Audio in Utah. Retail price of system is around $4,500 - $5,500, paid $900 thanks to Jason and Brett at Innovative Car Audio. :biggest:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I've got:

• Sony MP3 deck
  • Boston Proseries 6.5 speakers F/R
  • Boston Competitor 12" sub
  • Zapco AG650 Amp
  • Monster cable all around

I even wired the front speaker wires through the factory harness by removing the doors and opening the harness and adding my wire. That was a bitch to do, but it looks factory.

Here's my amp:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
as of now? haha...

orion cs500.5
deck? no deck (deck face doesn't work, so it's getting fixed)
rear speakers? no rear speakers
front speakers? blown stock left speaker, right speaker is about to go.

sitting at home, nakamichi SPS652, that doesn't fit in the front doors!

jz

·
Registered
2000 Blue Ridge Pearl Subaru I
294 Posts
Stock all the way around!

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Head unit and interior speakers are all still stock, but did ad a single 10" JL Audio sub with a Sony 752x amp in the trunk.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
JL's awesome value, yeah, but I don't know about them being the cleanest subs.... :)

James,

Nice choices. :D I'm a Boston guy, too!

My setup:
Alpine CDA-7940 CD tuner
AudioControl Four.1i in-dash line driver/EQ
Boston Acoustics RC61 front components (carpeted kick panels)
DEI HE-1062 rear coaxials
Alpine MRV-F353 five-channel amp. (powers everything)
Boston Acoustics Competitor 10" sub. (sub and amp in custom panel in the rear)
Monster Cable

-S2-

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stock tweeters(sounds ok and don t wanna pull the panels out)

stock 8in sub from good ol subaru(i like the sounds just enough bass for me)

stock speakers in the front(don t need to change and don t wanna pull the panels out haha)

Blaupunkts P652 6.5in in the rear deck but i did a carpet covering the speakers so it looks like nothin there....

Addzest MD/CD-r/CD AM/PM(but i didn t get the converter sicne i don t like radio music) 200W(aka Clarion in the states) .....this actually made my stock speakers sound ALOT better but it blew out the rear decks.....since my settin has the rear takin more power

5in screen in the dash pod connected to PS2 sometimes XBox and Audio controlled by Head unit or by built in speaker in the screen =)

Acc

·
Registered
179 Posts
any u gus hear a JL W7 kick?? holy [email protected] i heard it in my friends car and my chest caved in.....wooooo

Acc

·
Registered
Buschur'ed EVO VIII
367 Posts
Yeah I heard a 10W7 (I think that's what it was) in one of their HO boxes and it totally turned my world upside down in terms of output. This one 10" sub pounds a lot harder than my 2 IDQ12's.

·
Premium Member
04 STI silver\silver
217 Posts
· Pioneer Premier DEH-P930
· Custom install in gauge pack
· pioneer CDX-P1279
12 disk changer with CD Text Reading
· Clarion APX400.4 Amp
· Clairon APX200.2 Amp
· Clarion SRR1653Pro Audio 6.5" Coaxials F&R
· Clarion SRM2504 Pro Audio Tweeters
· Custom Sub Box Sealed 2 10"s

I really need to get pictures of it maybe tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
my trusty sony ES deck that i've had forever running through the stock speakers. ooh, exciting, huh? :lol: loud enough with the windows down, rattles the mirrors with ease, and it doesn't distort. so until it breaks, it stays. no big ICE setups. they're heavy. heavy is bad. but that's just me. :D

the rest of the soundtrack is courtesy of prodrive. :biggest:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Nothing too fancy:

Pioneer head unit w/remote control so I don't have to lean forward!

Sony XPlod 3-way speakers at all 4 corners

2 MTX 8" subs in a small ported box bolted to the floor, with MTX amp-small, light, and enough bass to make my ears hurt on long trips! I normally don't turn it up too high, though-I'm paranoid everybody and anybody will break into my car! Two of my other cars have been broken into and I have never even had anything very fancy or expensive, so I try to play it safe when I'm close to home!

I've kind of mixed and matched my system, but I like the way it sounds.
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
its not all in yet but i have the following.....

kenwood excelon kdc-817 headunit (i think i forget the number but im pretty sure thats it) mounted in the oem guagepod.

7 inch widescreen mounted in the stock double din spot with an HKS camp going to it.

JL 300/2 running boston pro 6.5's up front

rear fill will be JL VR series components (but ill only be using the midbass driver no tweet) running off the headunit

one JL 12W7 running off a JL 500/1

if the rear distort from the bass im just gonna take them out but i hope i dont have to. ill post pics once my whole setup is complete and installed.

Nate

·
Registered
38 Posts
the W7 is awesome i dont know how it compares to the eclipse titanium but with the Xmax of the W7 im pretty confident that little can come close to it. i just wish i didnt have to wait so long to actually get it in its comming next month!!!:curse:

Nate

1 - 20 of 40 Posts