Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys post your Model Year, Type of Car, Power Modifications, and your 1/4 mile times? I haven't dragged my lightly modded MY00 RS yet, but this year I will.

·
Registered
190 Posts
MY01 2.5RS with 4eat. No powermods. GTech reading for 1/4 was ~17.8 seconds!! Go speed racer go! But that was done like a year ago when I first got my car. Now it's probably slower. LOL
Hopefully, DNT's supercharger would help.

Ben

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
MY00 2.5RS coupe, 5-spd

Power mods:
GanzFlow CAI
K&N panel filter
Stromung axle-back dual-tip exhaust
STi-replica short-shifter (same as Cobb sells)

G-Tech times (average of many runs over many days with different temps): [email protected] :D

G-Tech's give a trap speed about 3-5 MPH higher than you will get at a track, since the strip gives your trap speed as the average speed over the last 60 ft., while the G-Tech gives your actual speed as you cross the end of the 1/4.

·
Registered
352 Posts
at the time i had:
2.5" ganzflow w/amsoil panel filter
2.5" cat-back exaust
short shifter (not really power but maybe quicker shifting)

[email protected] sec. at Atco Raceway in New Jersey

added since then:
Injen CAI in place of ganzflow
N1 lightened pulley set
hopefully going to race it again soon.

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
trojan9x said:
at the time i had:
2.5" ganzflow w/amsoil panel filter
2.5" cat-back exaust
short shifter (not really power but maybe quicker shifting)

[email protected] sec. at Atco Raceway in New Jersey

added since then:
Injen CAI in place of ganzflow
N1 lightened pulley set
hopefully going to race it again soon.
Cool, looks like my G-Tech is spot on! We've got the same mods (or had, at least, when you ran), and got almost identical numbers. My trap was higher, but like I said, the G-Tech shows a 3-5 MPH faster than the track will.

·
Registered
89 Posts
shooting for 15.9-16.0 next time out. last time i went to the strip for giggles way back when, i ran a 16.5 with only the exhaust, pulleys, and a snorkusectomy, so we'll see what i manage this time with a real intake, and the chip. :D

HondaH8er -- how accurate is the g-tech in your opinion? i've heard bad and good things about it, but it seems to work pretty well in your case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2001 RS

-Cobb intake
-KYB AGXs
-Tein Med. springs
-Frt. strut brace
-Rr. strut brace
-Cusco crossmember brace
-Rr. diff. guard
-OE tires
1/4 mile @ 15.4

p.s. I hope to break into 14s now that I have N1 Lightened pulley kit and Stromung SS exhaust. I'll see soon...

·
13 Years of RS
5,532 Posts
RaceCarRiot said:
HondaH8er -- how accurate is the g-tech in your opinion? i've heard bad and good things about it, but it seems to work pretty well in your case.
It seems to be pretty accurate to me, the numbers always seem to line up pretty well with numbers gotten by other means. I'm happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone.

·
Premium Member
04 STI silver\silver
217 Posts
For my first time at the track, three runs 15.6, 15.8 16.1.

Mods
Borla headers
Stromsung dual-tip w/ mid-pipe
K and N filter replaced in stock air box
Exedy lightened flywheel
Exedy clutch

Have since added
E-Bay home-made one of a kind all original intake
Random tech high-flow cat
Kartboy shifter with bushings
ProECM chip

I still have a clutchmaster stage 3 waiting for the other clutch to go out and hopefully I will be getting either a Cobb or injen intake and the mild Cobb cams.

·
Registered
238 Posts
99RS Auto, with no mods

16.07, 15.82, 15.83
Those numbers were from Atco several years ago.

16.02, 15.88, 15.63
From Capital Raceway in Maryland

Currently I have a Stromung SS exaust, Tein Lowering Springs and Version 5 struts. I have yet to run anywhere down here in Florida.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
13s will be hella tough! You need major mods...

Andres R. from here in houston ran a 14.3 with:

Custom CAI
Borla Catback
Highflow Cat
Borla headers
Underdrive pulley
Cobb Spicy Cams
Stage 2 heads
Short shifter
No back seat
No passenger seat
No Spare

He had put like $15000 worth of mods into that thing.

I am pretty sure he could run a high 13s, but unless you have put some serious cash into it (or Force Induction), good luck. ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why is there such a big different in auto times?
Tires, air temp, driving style, experience at the track...
alot of variables?

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
939 Posts
I know, but 2 seconds seems like a lot! I've also read some other auto times around 17.8, never heard a stock one as low as low 16s-high 15s.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow...2 seconds is a big difference. I didn't do brake launching or anything, but I did try my best and 17.8 was my usual time. As for elevation, I live around LA, so it can't be that. Maybe it was the RE92's.

It may be my driving, but I hardly ever hear stock auto's doing high 15's. Maybe he was going downhill, during a windy day. j/k. lol

Ben

·
Premium Member
1999 OBS Steel Blue Mica
256 Posts
I'm not going to bother listing my mods..... but I ran a 14.02 last summer.... It was 105 degrees out too.... Single turbo setup.... I'll have better times here in a week or 2 with the RS-TT setup.... :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts