Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ambient temp?

Its the only thing attached to that large bracket, and I want to take the bracket off because it looks kinda out of place without the snorkel thingy. Plus its scratching up my intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I can take the bracket off, and just relocate it directly on the body? Would that mess with any readings it takes?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Here is some info I found:

AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR
The ambient air temperature sensor is used to detect the ambient temperature. It is always possible to detect an accurate temperature under the severe use as the thermistor element is protected with plastic case.

I would have to say it wouldn't hurt if you moved it some where in the general area. So that it would still be getting close to accurate readings of the intake air temp.

Buster

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EvasionOfTruth said:
accurate readings of the intake air temp.
I see, thats the general area that the OEM intake is getting air from. Maybe I should mound it inside the quarter panel close to the intake inlet for a more accurate reading?

Thanks for the info btw.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I started to wonder the exact same thing when I read that explanation. Since it is enclosed in plastic I don't think water would be an issue at all and worth a shot. Thanks for the idea, gonna try it this weekend. :)

Buster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts