Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
(860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know we all think were invinsible in our cars....so whats the dumbest thing youve ever done in it...pics are welcome too, haha

ill start:

i used to pack my dirt jumps with my subie :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I was doing donouts at 4am during a big snow storm new years day 2006.

Things were fun, sliding in the snow and someone suggested a bigger parking lot than the one we were in. I said alright and took them at their word there were no dividers. So I get going 30-40mph and start this kick ass figure 8 that would've wrapped around two street lamps when we all look out the left side of my car to a big black curb. No time to react...

I cracked two rims and needed 2k in drivetrain repairs :(

That was the last time I did something stupid in my car.

·
Registered
'05 RBP LegacyGT 5mt wagon
311 Posts
Last winter I was in a small ass parking lot, and decided to get a little crazy in about a half inch of snow. I didn't realize there was a river of ice that ran under the snow, and I slid 20 yards sideways into a curb. Busted my tire completely off the rim, but luckly didn't do any significant damage, the curb was chewed down at the point of collision. $6 mount and balance at walmart, and a slightly thrashed stock rim, very lucky.

This was about 4 month into having the car, and my first experience with this car in snow. No more stupid shit for me.

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
^^^ Yes, but variable up to 50/50 in times of need. My guess is yours was just about to figure it out in that pic...

I (like so many others) was being dumb in the snow at 4am, knocked a curb, and landed my car perfectly on top of a plow pile such that NONE of my wheels were touching the ground. To make matters worse, the plow pile was in the front yard of the president's house of the college i went to...

Me and 3 other guys couldn't un-stick it, and i eventually had to call a tow truck in and use his winch. Oops.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
:lol: good one!

My Dad got his Toyota Tundra (his first truck) and on the way back from getting it he thought it'd be fun to throw it in 4wd and cut across the back yard in ~4 feet of snow. He didn't have enough force to make it through the snow bank and ended up just like that. So all the neighbors saw his massive, brand new, truck stuck in a snow bank as we shoveled it out.

InsatiableAmos said:
^^^ Yes, but variable up to 50/50 in times of need. My guess is yours was just about to figure it out in that pic...

I (like so many others) was being dumb in the snow at 4am, knocked a curb, and landed my car perfectly on top of a plow pile such that NONE of my wheels were touching the ground. To make matters worse, the plow pile was in the front yard of the president's house of the college i went to...

Me and 3 other guys couldn't un-stick it, and i eventually had to call a tow truck in and use his winch. Oops.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Evilclown said:
Signed the loan papers.

I hate having a car payment.
lol...i know that feeling.

I ran the Vermont Winter Rally which started at 8PM and ended at 5AM and it was snowing all night...

Left onto ******* road.
CAS 35MPH
CAUTION! SHARP LEFT!

no time to react...in the confusion I hit the breaks instead of the gas like a moron and under steered into a HUGE ditch...In the Videos section you can see the clip of me being pulled out...it should still be on the first page...or just search for Vermont Winter Rally on Youtube...

OR! http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63053

·
Registered
99 rs w/ EJ205
982 Posts
i was haulin ass with 2 other jeeps out in the woods, and i decided to try one of the bigger puddles with them

there was a rock in the middle that no one see's, and no one hits b/c its usually trucks back there, well i ended up with the front of my car off the ground and the back wheel just spinning.

the worst part was when they pulled me off of the rock, hearing it bust up all my shit

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
There's an open parking lot behind my old high school that no one sees, soooo I'd have to hit it anytime there was snow when I was coming home from classes (the community college is around there). So I'm spinning around, having a blast, and there's no curbs, so it's cool. BUT there are 2 lamp posts in the middle that are still left. I'm sliding and all I see is the one coming closer to me as I'm totally sideways... it was heading straight for my driver's side headlight. I slam the breaks and of course the ABS kicks in. ABS + Snow = Not really good. I managed to stop less than a foot from it... somehow... then left the lot. I was back tomorrow with more respect for those light poles indeed.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
in my RX7 i used to do donuts around those poles keeping my nose like a foot away the whole time...good times...but you gotta watch out for them

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,230 Posts
Sold it. :(

Other than that I did donuts in a snow covered parking lot while I was on my cell phone and ended up hopping a parking median and fucking up my undercarriage. FTL

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
MattB said:
in my RX7 i used to do donuts around those poles keeping my nose like a foot away the whole time...good times...but you gotta watch out for them

I'd say RWD w/ LSD is a little more predictable than the stock RS AWD system with one open diff and two viscous LSDs... I could actually get at least one of my front wheels turning backwards if i did donuts the right way in the snow.

Sadly, i now live in cali. There is no snow.

·
Registered
99 Impreza 2.5RS Black
612 Posts
I had a Yakima bike rack on the roof of my RS and used it to get a few 4x8 sheets of plywood and some 2x4's from Home Depot. I almost made it all the way home and then I had to stop at a light on a hill :( The momentum of starting on the hill made the load pull the front clips right off the car, mangling up the trim they clip under and scratching and cracking the rear spoiler.

I have a truck now for that kind of stuff!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts