Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
09 F150 FX4
158 Posts
Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer beats the Veyron by 1.76 mph if you go by the Veyron's reported top speed of 253 mph. And the Sledgehammer achieved this in 1989.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Roverandom said:
Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer beats the Veyron by 1.76 mph if you go by the Veyron's reported top speed of 253 mph. And the Sledgehammer achieved this in 1989.
but is that a one off car? or something you can buy...? If i had the money i could buy a veyron...

·
Registered
09 F150 FX4
158 Posts
MattB said:
but is that a one off car? or something you can buy...? If i had the money i could buy a veyron...
Back in 1989, Callaway said they could reproduce it for $400,000. However, I don't believe anyone took them up on that. So there is only one. But if you'd had the money and wanted one, you could have gotten one.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
I'm sure the Ariel Atom could be thrown in the mix as well. But again, the term fastest is limited as to what scope.

·
Registered
'99 2.5 RS Rally Blue Pearl
937 Posts
i just thought of this, on my street in front of my house my bicycle could be the fastest legal vehicle since the speed limit is 25 :)

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
pretty sure top speed "Production Car" current record holder is the Veyron at 253 mph appx.. Before that i believe it was the Koenigsegg CCx at 245 mph.

But then again..i could be wrong. i just know its not ME at 174 mph. how lame does tht sound when talking about 250+ mph cars. lame....

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
I remember the Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Vette turning a 1.87 0-60. They were racing it against a Blue Angel on the Speedchannel. I cant remember what the top speed was though.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
I assume you mean quickest "stock" production car, but a guy that goes to Raceway park in Englishtown NJ drives his stock chasis (caged) '79-'80 Malibu to the track & runs 9.2 second 1/4 miles on street tires then drives it back home, car is fully street legal.
He runs 8.8 in the 1/4 on slicks, & thinks our car is wild.
If I had to bet between his car & anything else in a drag race, I'd have my dollar on
him & his 30-60' wheelstands.

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,385 Posts
ur all wrong. henessey venom 1000TT. beats the veyron in everything except in how much it costs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts