Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give the lowdown on port and polishing work? I have a general idea of what it is, but nothing more. I just had my intake manifold and heads ported and polished. Anyone have information on what really going on, and what I can expect to gain in all areas?

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
the general idea is to flow more air by enlarging, and smoothing the ports.

you should see a noticeable gain throughout the rpm range depending on how "intense" the p n p was.

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
i dont know physically how much they take off... it's measured in cfm i believe. but yes, naturally it's going to use more fuel

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so I'll have to get ready to tune it too. I wonder why there's not more people who do this kind of work. I see a lot of people on here with plenty of bolt on mods, and even cams, but no one really goes near PnP work. Are there any downsides?

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct, the work is complete but I haven't done the swap yet.

I'll probably do the PnP for the TB myself, even though it might not match perfectly. To my understanding, its best to have the same person do all the porting and polishing so that they match, but I don't think it has any serious side affects if they don't. Again, I'm a noob with PnP so don't rely on my statements as factual.

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
Done? Did you cakk harry? Shit i just left the gaskets there at 6pm. If he was done by 8:30 i would be impressed!

BTW, call him to make sure he got the gaskets.

Chris

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:lol: I was getting ahead of myself, but he said it would only take about one hour per head.

Long pause

I just got off the phone with him now. He got the gaskets and he's working on the heads now. He said they should be done pretty soon, definitely in time for saturday. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.