Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so heres the deal. I have an 02' Impreza RS 2.5L SOHC and heres the mechanical mod list i've done.

-kyb agx struts
-tanabe gf210 springs 1.3/1.0
-front/rear strut bar
-exedy clutch
-borla replica uel headers
-cobb cat back
-cold air intake

after all that i've done, i have come to the conclusion there isn't much more to do. or is there? i've heard of doing cams and also pulleys, whats the benefits to that. i know its a decent amount of money but is it worth the money for the power gain? I DO NOT WANT TO TURBO, sorry but for now i want to stay n/a. but if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do next, or what is good for the money then i'm definetely game for new thoughts. i know i want more power and ya i know turbo is the way to go but like i said n/a is how i like it right now. thanks guys

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
light weight flywheel will decrease rotating mass and help the motor rev quicker and free up parasitic hp loss. I would do the pulleys after the fly wheel as it will give ya the biggest bang for weight loss.

· Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
625 Posts
light weight flywheel will decrease rotating mass and help the motor rev quicker and free up parasitic hp loss. I would do the pulleys after the fly wheel as it will give ya the biggest bang for weight loss.
don't go too light on the flywheel tho, also I hear that if you run LW Pulley and LW Flywheel the ECU won't be able to handle it, but thats just what I read, correct me if im wrong.

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm currently running a cobb light weight fly, and a light weight p/s and crank pulley with no check engine lights.
will i get more power w/o the light weight fly wheel with the aftermarket lightweight pulleys? or is it not worth it w/o doing the fly wheel as well. also wheres the best place/type of pullyes out there to use?

· Registered
17,115 Posts
i noticed u have the srs-30 ecu reflash, how much did that run you? also where can i find some delta cams?
The reflash was $384.50 plus shipping. Almost $400 total, and so worth it. For cams, check out www.deltacam.com. They're cheaper than doing a reflash, but waayy more work-involved. I wouldn't do this unless you know what you're doing, mechanically speaking.

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm def going to do the reflash next week and take my parents car off their hands for a few days while its getting reflashed. after that looks like delta cams and new lightweight pulleys... i appreciate all the feedback so far, if n e one has n e other suggestions i'm down for whatever. thanks again

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
I would recomend the flywheel over the pulleys. there is a little notice with droping a few pounds from the crank pulely but you'll notice a bigger diffrence with the flywheel. As far as wehre to get them a few vendors on here have them or you'll see them pop up every now and then used on here. Or just buy a set off ebay.. I would put soem research in to wether you want undrive pulleys or not first.

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
soo if i do the srs-20 flash programming for my ecu w/o the headers on the car will that screw up my engine at all or can i do that and install the headers after? b/c the borla replicas are off ebay for about 3 weeks and i want to do the ecu programming from ispeed.... some info here wud be GREAT! thanks guys

· Registered
2018 STi
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was talking bout the headers not the cams, the cams might come later but i'm not sure. just one step at a time for me. will it matter if i put the headers in after or before the reflash at all?

· Registered
17,115 Posts
soo if i do the srs-20 flash programming for my ecu w/o the headers on the car will that screw up my engine at all or can i do that and install the headers after? b/c the borla replicas are off ebay for about 3 weeks and i want to do the ecu programming from ispeed.... some info here wud be GREAT! thanks guys
honestly it probably wont hurt the car that much. But in theory if you are getting an ECU tuned for headers etc. then you should probably have the correct mods for the tune!
He's right. It's not going to damage your car or mess anything up, but you should have the correct mods for the tune. You won't be making the power you could be making with those mods (intake, header, exhaust).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.