Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curbed one of my tires and killed it. Wasn't much left on these anyway.
just looking for some suggestions on some good all weather tires, cause I live in CT.
currently running on 16" stock 6 spokes.

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
You really need to provide some parameters for people to give suggestions with...
how much do you want to spend? Are you going to compete with the tires? Do you have another set of winter wheels/tires?

Either way, for CT, Continental ContiExtreme Contacts are a great tire for that type of climate. Good in the snow, great grip and tire life for a good price. They are easy to squeal but have a linear grip profile (as in they will let you know before they are about to let loose). Sidewalls are soft compared to any summer tire but they drive quietly

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
Michelin Pilot A/S Sports...won't daily drive on anything else. :)

·
Registered
GM6
121 Posts
Either way, for CT, Continental ContiExtreme Contacts are a great tire for that type of climate. Good in the snow, great grip and tire life for a good price. They are easy to squeal but have a linear grip profile (as in they will let you know before they are about to let loose). Sidewalls are soft compared to any summer tire but they drive quietly
I'd recommend ContiExtremes as well. I've had mine for about two months. I busted the sidewall on one after a month, so had to replace it--I had some offset issues with shitty wheels, so I don't think it was the tire's fault. Aphex is right about the grip; they let you know before they break loose. I'm still waiting for snow to give them the real test.

·
Registered
00 2.5 rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what size tires of the continentals do you suggest i buy? I checked them out and they look nice (tread pattern looks badass) and the price is right.
I drive aggressively but rs is n/a, car is a daily driver, and drive in all weather conditions.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Good thread I'm in need of some new tires badly myself. I was going to go with Khumo all seasons for my DD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts