Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Current value of a clean 2.5RS, stock, under 150k miles?

• $1,000 - $5,000

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • $5,001 - $10,000

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • $10,001 - $15,000

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • $15,001 - $20,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20,001+

Votes: 1 4.8%
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2000 wrx gc8
26 Posts
Yeah but do you mean a solid runner? Paint 5/10, mechanicals all original but needs all rubber and likely a thorough refresh? Because that’s $3-5000 for me.

But something clean, with paint 7+/10, no damage, stock suspension replaced recenrly, all service done at the dealer, head gasket and timing belt done preventatively, that’s $10-12k.
I will be repainting the car and doing a full wrx swap into it so blown engine doesn’t matter too much to me

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks like we're about to find out: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

This one's probably got some excess rust underneath, as the seller isn't showing much, and there's very visible oxidation in the engine bay.
It's got a weird front bumper for a 2.5RS, don't like that. Otherwise if it's not rusty I'd probably bid on it. Low miles.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
213 Posts

This one's probably got some excess rust underneath, as the seller isn't showing much, and there's very visible oxidation in the engine bay.
It's got a weird front bumper for a 2.5RS, don't like that. Otherwise if it's not rusty I'd probably bid on it. Low miles.
This one should definitely be interesting. Thanks for posting it. I added it to the auction thread I have going.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,322 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just the standard post facelift Impreza bumper. The 1998 RS as well as all Canadian 2.5RS's got those, and I think they look reminicient of a GTR.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe White STOCK
13 Posts
Related story: There was a super clean, single-owner white one listed for $5,900 at a dealership in North Carolina a couple days ago. The owner traded it in for a new Crosstrek, they told me. Sold instantly, of course. Dealer said they were getting 30 calls a day before the ad was taken down.
I was the one who purchased the car. Aspen white 2000 2.5RS. It was driven by a 80 year old lady with a clean Carfax and 30 service history records at Subaru. Yes it's also a 5-speed manual with the original Subaru gauge pack, Subaru sunroof visor, gray leather seats, red strut tower bar, factory radio with CD player, original amp/subwoofer under the driver's seat, cargo net, and rear mud flaps. It is one of the nicest 2.5RS's I've seen especially considering the story behind it and the all the factory options it was installed with. It is a true survivor and was very gently used throughout the its life. The driver and passenger floor mats are basically brand new with no stains or wear since there was rubber mats on top of them the entire time. The sales manager showed me the huge amount of inquiries there was the next day I got there. I wasn't surprised because when I searched over 10 years ago it was already super hard to find an all stock and clean condition example.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Congrats! I would easily pay 2-3x what you paid for it.

The dark blue one you guys were mocking is back up on Craigslist, this time for an even higher price, interesting lol.

·
Registered
1995 1.8L Impreza Coupe
115 Posts
Congrats! I would easily pay 2-3x what you paid for it.

The dark blue one you guys were mocking is back up on Craigslist, this time for an even higher price, interesting lol.
I found this example this morning as well. I don't like how it's worded, but the vehicle itself looks pretty clean

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I found this example this morning as well. I don't like how it's worded, but the vehicle itself looks pretty clean
Yeah that's been up for a long time. 4-doors are a no go for me.

There's one on FB marketplace that just went up that's 12.5k if anyone wants it: Log into Facebook

Seller is afraid to show the interior and right side, and what we can see is dented. But assuming there's no rust and the interior is good, it's not too bad...

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
213 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts

The front bumper is stock on the USDM 98RS as well as 98-01 L model cars. It looks like the car is originally Canadian and I believe their cars kept the L style bumper om the US at least through 1999.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts