Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 WRX WRB
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 wrx. I got it in July and almost put 20k miles on it. Recently it's been having some problems and it's getting old fast. I was thinking of either trading the car for an rs, getting the car fixed and trading it for an rs or getting it fixed and keep it. I love the car but with all the problems now it's really annoying. What would you do?

oh and here's a list of the problems

-E brake light stays on all the time
- Security light blinks all the time
- ABS light on all the time
- Speedometer will work on and off.
- No reverse lights
- No hi beams
- No fog lights
- No cruise control
- The engine will barely turn over when I fill the gas tank
- CEL code P0171

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
how strong is the engine/transmission?? it just sounds like you have some screwey wiring.

and if you have opportunity to: keep your engine/tranny from the wrx, buy a wooped RS and swap it :D

·
Registered
2005 WRX WRB
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to try and fix it first before thinking about an rs. I think it's the purge control solenoid valve that went bad, but thats only for the cel. i have to still try and find out the other wiring problems.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1) - usually caused by a leak in the intake system somewhere between the Mass Air Flow sensor and the cylinder intake valves. Look for a vacuum hose that’s become disconnected or a crack in one of the tubes connected to the turbocharger
check the connection of the wiring thats by your kick panel. the set of wires that goes through the fender has a connection over there. see if it got wet/looks corroded

·
Registered
2013 Crosstrek, 97 OBS, 88 M3
309 Posts
I'd just fix the wrx. You most likey will not break even on the sale price (definitely not as it is now). Then you have to find a clean RS that you are going to want to swap in the future anyway.

FWIW, my wrx security light was flashing constantly as well. It ended up that I hit the key fob lock in the wrong sequence or something. The manual has a security system trouble shooting section that I used to fix it. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.