Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I think I am going to do it. sell my RS, buy a 93-95 L wagon, swap in a WRX engine. And spend the rest on mods. So say I get the engine in the car and I have $10,000 left over. What would you buy? I have my list on my computer at home, but Id like to hear what other people would do.

I want some that daily drivable, good for auto-x and looks decent.

Anthony C

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
$10k left after the swap? Well, I would probably buy forged pistons and crank, cams, Chalek sychro'd high-strength gearset, bigger turbo, FMIC (maybe), suspension/tires, and an RS hood/grill/headlight conversion. At least, that's what I would do:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think Im going to go to crazy with the engine, probably just some basic bolt-ons like up-pipe,turbo back, and MBC.

I like the Idea of the flat hood, and rs bumper, with the FMIC, but I hate the 93 headlights and grill. Will RS headlights fit with the flat 93 hood?

Anthony C

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Bobalouy said:
I like the Idea of the flat hood, and rs bumper, with the FMIC, but I hate the 93 headlights and grill. Will RS headlights fit with the flat 93 hood?
No, but you can use the 97+ Impreza L hood, which is flat, and uses the same headlights/grill as the RS :D

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
suspension, exhaust, maybe a repaint/exterior updating... save that for last or you'll blow your money like a lot of conversion people do and then have a nice looking slow car.

Thanks - Jon

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I heres what I have been thinking:

1- get the engine in and running,

2- up-pipe and turbo back
MBC ( wrx's are fast enough fo me right now so the exhaust and MBC sould be enough power)

3 - Tein Flex Coilovers GC
4 - Wheels/tires - 98 gold's preferably, but maybe 99's, or something better if I have extra cash.

5. brakes- Sti 4 pots or willwood, or (maybe just some wrx brakes all around)

6. Euro Wrx Seats.

So I think that is the necessities, and then what ever is left over would go into making it look good.

definatly an RS bumper, and STI rear wing.

I would love to keep a flat hood with a FMIC, but if not I would go for the newer headlights and a CF hood.

then it painted this color...

I may have a hookup for this.

... So thats what I came up with so far

or maybe I'll just go for somethign like this

but the hardest part will be letting my baby go

OH yeah I forgot the BOV of course!!

Anthony C

·
Registered
392 Posts
anyone have information on the specs of that first gray impreza wagon? such as what wheels those are and what fog lights?

thanks..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the wheels look like the older B4 wheels. Not sure about the fog lights.

Anthony C

·
Registered
57 Posts
What to spend it on

First, I don't think you should sell your RS and even bother with a wagon.
Second, if you do, spend at least 5 of the 10k on hookers and coke for a night. Party like a rockstar....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts