Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Obs White 2.2L 5MT
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen alot of wagons with wings on top and right under the hatch window. Wanted to know what you guys thought would look the best on my obs.

If needed I can get a better pic of the back.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Obs White 2.2L 5MT
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bl_easy said:
Before you buy a wing... peel off the "Outback Sport" stickers and get some riiiiimms!

;) That's what my 97 OBS used to look like.
Just finished doing the stickers today :) I like it alot better. Rims ehhh no cash :(.

·
Registered
173 Posts
WRX rims are cheap.

I'm trying to get the OE upper wing (JDM one too big for my tastes) and JDM waist spoiler, hard to locate though.

·
Registered
97 OBRS...wrx
84 Posts
I like either of the upper wing options but for some reason I don't really dig the waist spoiler. I believe you need new glass if your gonna do the upper jdm wing? Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
its a shame i trashed my mounts taking off my top spoiler or eles i would have it to sell to you cheap. all i have is the wing now

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
I just got both wings at a junkyard the other day for $56... for both. :)

I already put the top spoiler on with 3M moulding tape. Probably do the waist spoiler tomorrow if the weather's good.

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
flipincanadian said:
I like either of the upper wing options but for some reason I don't really dig the waist spoiler. I believe you need new glass if your gonna do the upper jdm wing? Correct me if im wrong.
No need for new glass. You would just need the mounting brackets and glue those to your glass. I've heard that the JDM STi spoiler uses the same brackets as the USDM OBS/JDM WRX too, although I can't confirm that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Alright, which one of you got my wing :jerkit: eBay
grrr, I was hoping it would go unnoticed and for cheap.

aegean93l said:
I just got both wings at a junkyard the other day for $56... for both. :)

I already put the top spoiler on with 3M moulding tape. Probably do the waist spoiler tomorrow if the weather's good.
Dude, did you see any others?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
kami333 said:
Alright, which one of you got my wing :jerkit: eBay
grrr, I was hoping it would go unnoticed and for cheap.

Dude, did you see any others?
Nope, they had several OBS's, but only one with the wings. They had a ton of other Subaru's too, probably at least 10 BD Legacys, several Brightons, etc. I was hoping for an RS for the front bumper but I didn't see one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice selection. Around me there's usually a whole lot of older Legacy/Outbacks and maybe a pre-98 Impreza or two but that's it.

·
Registered
1998 Steel Blue Mica OBS
420 Posts
My replica upper wing is on the rear window with STRONG 3M tape. So strong that you can grab it and rock the car. I got a JDM waist spoiler (it's a WRX one, not as big as an STi). I like it. I think my set up is basically the same as an 00-01 OBS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts