Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
99 RS coupe
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a wrecked wrx if its worth it to do my swap. So far I know I need the motor, dash, wiring, ecu. I've heard that the gc trans is just as strong at the wrx one, just better gearing, true? Is there really anything else worth taking off the car? diffs? brakes? Im not looking so much for suspension since mines mostly aftermarket.

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
get a clip if you just want the engine/harness/ecu

stay USDM though.. JDM swap FTL
You guys say this, but try heading to a local auto parts store and buying engine parts. Around here you have to wait for them to be ordered. You can get spark plugs, air and oil filter no problem. For some of us the nearest dealer is 150 miles away. I think the main advantage would be obd2 compliance but if he has a gc, not sure they will check for that.

· Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,985 Posts
get a clip if you just want the engine/harness/ecu

stay USDM though.. JDM swap FTL
JDM FTMFW!!! I love my ej207 i also have a v7 jdm ecu to match it. Then again I have no emmissions testings what so ever in the great state of indiana, so I guess it sucks for everyone else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.