Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to look for??

Hey, I'm new here. (duh!) Anyways, I'm looking to buy a 2000-2001 Impreza RS 4-Door, Silverthorn or Dark Blue. Is there anything I should look for problem wise? Anything common or horribly wrong? Anyways, I'll be buying one at the end of the Summer, low mileage, 5-speed, and I was just curious as to if there was anything to watch out for, except sneaky used car dealers, of course.

Anyways, I've been browsing the board for a while now, and I seem to have found one with a lot of helpful information and some quality entertainment as well :p .

I guess I'll be seeing you all around.

Dan

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've got a 2000 Blue Ridge Pearl RS seadan and the only problems I've had is one of the shitty stock wheel bearings went out and there was a recall on the front 02 sensor. As far as I know that is all that is commonly wrong with the 2000 model.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I've got an '00 White RS with a 4EAT and even after racing it in dozens of SCCA events I have had zero - count 'em - zero problems.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
I was seriously considering buying yours James, but my wife dosent want a Auto :( Very nice car...

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
For what it's worth, the auto is exactly as fast as the stick on 0-60, get's 1 MPG better mileage in the city, and kicks ass on the SCCA course. Not to mention that it's "the" RS Club car. Heh. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts