Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was starting to think about next year and what I want to do to my car...I came up with this:
I WANT BOOST!!!

So it currently has:

Borla Replicas
CAI
Grounding kit
Front/Rear Strut Bars
3" Muffler

with 59,000 miles

I really like superchargers and was looking at a raptor sc....I was wondering tho how much it would cost to make my own turbo kit over the next year or so.

Also i wanted to ask if the stock internals can take 5-6lbs of boost as a daily driver. I'm not a big fan of redlining it so will I be ok?

Thanks!!!

· Registered
99 Impreza RS rally blue pearl
726 Posts
If I remember correctly mine came to ~1500-2000 and thats on the high end, it can be done for half that if your resourceful. Although when purchasing various parts over time you may change your mind on your build path and not use stuff you already bought.

· Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,931 Posts
I went to a NE AWD meet last night and they said swap it so I think I'm gonna do a swap now.
i think we shouldn't have a "turbo and superchargers"/"i want to turbo my impreza" forum anymore. don't be intimidated by these 'swappers', do alot of research, there's alot of custom build forums here and it doesn't always have to end with swaps. its your hobby, if you're ultimately comfortable, do what you want.

:flame: <-swappers........me-> :yapyap:

· Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,931 Posts
ya but it can turn out the same money to swap along with having a decent power handling motor (ej20)

swap or not, once you feel the boost you WILL want more than what you start with, even for a decent power handling motor. just gotta draw the line somewhere before it blows.

just trying to back you up on the custom kit route. but its your car and money so you have options, and go with what makes you happy. :sunny:

· aka RFoy2.5RS-T
98 RS
2,034 Posts
I ran 9lbs on a stock 98 rs motor for just under 90k. I tracked that car A LOT and ran 11 psi on the track. So 5lbs should be easy. Only problem I had was headgaskets going but thats expected with the 98 motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.