Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
White 05 RS Sport Pkg
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm photographing another track day for the Northern California Aston Martin owners club and since I'm driving my car down there I thought I'd run it a few laps to finally find out the limit of my car's handling.

It's got about 45k miles on it (2005 RS)
I'm changing the oil just before I leave

Anything else I should examine carefully before going out, other than the obvious ones like fluid/tires? I've got redline diff oil that I need to put in my car, should I do that as well? Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
Ive always heard to bring an extra set of brake pads whenever going to the track. But I have not been yet. Good luck lets see some video!

·
Premium Member
96 GF4 " Bruiser"
3,542 Posts
Ya changing the oil would be good. The diff oil would help as well. It cant hurt it is pretty much the way you want to about it.

if your brake pads are a little low on life i would change them. Its pretty terrible to run out of stopping power and hit the backing mid race/fun

also bring with you some windex and some nice towels, so that way you can clean your windows if needed. Ive always found it helpful and its not that much to carry.

Thats all the advice i can give you..

Just get out there and have fun

And bring back cool shots

·
Registered
White 05 RS Sport Pkg
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do guys, thanks! Yeah my shots from january for the same club is at www.kylefunsten.com/photos/aston for your enjoyment :)

Brake pads should be fine, just switched to hawk HPS about 3000 miles ago so I should be set :) Now my car is a 4eat should I change that fluid as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts