Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT, 1977 Jeep CJ7
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I can get a 2000 RS with 110,000 miles 5spd for $2000. Car is in great condition. I work for a car dealership, a small one, but they sell alot of cars. Well their other lot took a trade for some Mazda. Its a STM 2000 RS. Not sure if its a coupe or 4 door. Well they dont want it so they said i can have it for $2000 or their going to sell it at the auction. Well Im like OMG YEA!!!! Well I left work and got into my 95L that I put alot of blood and sweat into. All of a sudden my excitment left me. I cant imagine driving anything but my L. Yea I had it repainted and an RS front end and a few suspension mods. But it is inferior to the RS in everyway(except I like the green better), yet i dont know if i can do it. I can sell my car to my girls brother and he can have it as a first car and use the $2000 he would give me for the RS. But I cant do it. This is my first car. The car I learned to drive stick in. First kiss with my girlfriend of 2 years. Do memories and blood sweat and tears really out weigh, a $2000 RS. Wow i have problems....

·
Registered
Public Transit
123 Posts
Your first car will never be your last car, make the next move the better move. Usually L's are what the doctor ordered for the projects...but a clean rs for 2k is hard to pass up.

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
Your first car will never be your last car, make the next move the better move. Usually L's are what the doctor ordered for the projects...but a clean rs for 2k is hard to pass up.
+1 at least the L wont be going to some shmuck who will just drive the hell out of it and never take car of it. plus im sure he is like family and at least youll get to see your car again...

·
Registered
Miatamiatamiata
2,707 Posts
considering i paid 7400 for a 99 stm coupe 5spd with 120k on the clock and a salvaged title, you'd better take that deal!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
see thats what i was thinking. But with the L i like doing things to it. It gives me enjoyment. Cheap little mods to make it look a little better or be like an RS. With the RS most of the mods are more expensive. But the only way I will buy this car hands down is I am going to look it over for any problems cuz the L is perfect. It has to be a coupe. Thats the only way. Plus I get this car and then it has to sit for a little because I cant have it my first year at school. I wish i coud have both. Hopefully this car is crap. It will make it easier that way...I just might have my girls brother buy the RS.

·
Registered
GM6
121 Posts
1. Keep the L.
2. Buy the RS.
3. Sell RS on Craigslist for $7000.
4. Profit. (put money into L if desired)

^ not even a ???? step.

Edit: but don't buy the RS if it's shitty, of course

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i saw this coming. I would probably get fired if i would sell it for profit. And they would only sell it to me for that price. It has crossed my mind tho

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
I would honestly say pick it up. The RS is becoming rarer and rarer... and $2K is a steal! Maybe your parents would be interested in keeping/driving your L? That way, you wouldn't have to sell it.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahah prob not. They love their leggy so. But i think i will buy the RS and if its a POS swap everything to the L.

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
good idea, that way you'll have a donor car that's better than your existing car (condition permitting)

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
2k is an excellent deal and I would take that up in a heart beat. I have 2k in the bank right now. I say get it having 2 imprezas would be the tits especial a project L and a DD RS that you can put money into as well.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
1. Keep the L.
2. Buy the RS.
3. Sell RS on Craigslist for $7000.
4. Profit. (put money into L if desired)

^ not even a ???? step.

Edit: but don't buy the RS if it's shitty, of course
A very good idea. I'd agree. You can then drive both, decide which you like better, and sell the other. I'm not sure if you'll get $7K for the RS, but maybe.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so the car still has not come in yet. My parents like the idea so thats good. But with college and the jeep project I cant affored both cars. So i might get the RS and sell the L to my girls brother, and help him mod it. That way I still get what i want. I will keep yas updated

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Sounds good, if you can't have both. Though if there's any way you could pull it off, having both I mean, seriously you could make crazy profit almost overnight. Unless that car's beat to hell, it's worth at least twice what you're paying for it. At least; probably three times, if it's any kind of decent.

·
Registered
'02 PSM 2.5 RS
1,688 Posts
DO WANT!

If you don't, buy it for $2k and sell it to someone here for that price. I know I am damn tempted. Selling my RS could net me enough to afford a swap if I got an RS for $2k!

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Sounds to me like you don't actually want the RS if you are having second thoughts. Luckily for me, I have all my memories of kissing girls and all that stuff with my RS and I never plan to get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts