Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Subaru rsti
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my 02 wrx back in 05 the seller gave me this wing. I wasn't sure what version and didn't bother asking because I had no plans of using it on my wrx. Now, fast forward almost 9 years I found myself cleaning out an old shack on the property and found that sob again. Now that I have a 2000 RS, I'm interested in what version wing it is. I have been looking at a S**T load of photos of wings and GC cars, but I cant quite figure it out. I know you guys will know rite away so I'm posting pics up. I laid the wing on the subi to help you guys out.

thanks in advance.....

oh yeah.........wing has a break light too. :banana:

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS RBP
702 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it is a "New Age" Ver.5 wing...it was made for the GD body style Impreza. It looks like a crappy replica at first, but you can tell on the ends, how they curve up for the trunk of the GD.

·
Registered
98 Subaru rsti
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure that it is a "New Age" Ver.5 wing...it was made for the GD body style Impreza. It looks like a crappy replica at first, but you can tell on the ends, how they curve up for the trunk of the GD.
I have been trying to figure out this wing for a while now. Is it me or does it make the CSR look retarded? Lol

·
Registered
2000 BRP 3.3RS
1,073 Posts
I don't get the "too wide"/GD stuff. I'm no wing expert, but that's looks pretty much the same width as the V5/6 wings, the only difference being your sides are more curved and your brakelight is taller.

So... I'm saying v5/6 replica.

·
Registered
93 wagon, 95L, 98RsT, 01SF5T
550 Posts
Not a ver 6, looks to be a ver 5 rep made for the gd.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts