Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what ive seen on alot of sites it says 07 legacys and wrx's are can bus??? does any1 kno if this is right???

·
Registered
1998 RSTi
1,033 Posts
Bumping an old thread -

Here are the cars with CANBus

CAN Bus Cars:

2005 to current Legacy

2008 to current Impreza

2009 to current Forester

All Tribeca

No Baja

*Note - for the Legacy GT CAN bus started in 2005 so beware when looking at these engines because they are inexpensive to purchase but they are not a great replacement for NON CANBUS equipped cars.

If you're not sure what CANbus even is here is a link that explains it from our blog.
What is CANBus?

If you're doing a CANBus swap in your Subaru, here's a blog post that explains how it effects the wiring.
CAN Bus and Your Subaru Swap

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,139 Posts
Should also note, earlier models use single CAN lines between some modules.

For example 07 Imprezas use an HS CAN line between the ECU and DCCD Controller as well as the ABS unit,

06-08 Foresters have one from the ECU to the ABS unit.

I've got a .dbc (or whichever database file format you like) going for the Subaru chassis' that is always growing, so CAN IDs are super easy to get around.

Same with immobilizers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should also note, earlier models use single CAN lines between some modules.

For example 07 Imprezas use an HS CAN line between the ECU and DCCD Controller as well as the ABS unit,

06-08 Foresters have one from the ECU to the ABS unit.

I've got a .dbc (or whichever database file format you like) going for the Subaru chassis' that is always growing, so CAN IDs are super easy to get around.

Same with immobilizers.
I would love to get .dbc file for MY 2015 Subaru WRX STI

·
Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS, 99L
343 Posts
You'd probably have better luck on another forum, like IWSTI or NASIOC. This forum is mostly geared toward 1993-2007 cars, which are all pre-CANBUS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts