Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have 2500 left of my income tax return after I move from NJ to CO and I was wondering what parts I should buy. I was thinking Borla Headers, Cobb Cat, GFB Pulleys, KYB AGX Struts, Prodrive Springs, and a Cobb Cat and Flywheel. Maybe some lw bumper beams too if I have any $$ left. I already have the following.

Ganzflow CAI w/ K&N Filter
20MM Rear Swaybar
Kartboy Shifter w/Momo Airleather
PROECM Chip
Stromung Catback
Whiteline Diff Lock Kit
13.5 lb Hawker Battery
Sparco Harness
Kuhmo Ecsta 712 in 205/50/16
Various cosmetic mods and 150 lbs removed approximately.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
maybe save some more for a turbo kit?

·
Registered
539 Posts
OOHH YEAH! I know if I had $2500 I'd be getting a turbo kit.
Of course I'm also looking at the gfb pulleys and the kyb agx struts paired with an eibach pro springs kit. HMMM decisions decisions. It's tough all that money can buy a lot of small parts or one big one.

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Its my daily driver and I kind of like having a car thats actually running. I plan on saving money and building my engine in the summer with CobbRacer Cams, Heads, titanium valve springs and retainers, I may get my TB bored in a few weeks, and I plan on either getting a Link, Unichip, or having my factory ECU reprogrammed so that my redline will be around 8200, and so that the car runs stoich throughout the RPMs. How does this sound? Maybe a 50 shot onboard too? :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'd like to be able to say "all throttle, no bottle" ;)
Get a turbo...........of course you could always......hide the bottle and just forget to mention it:D

·
Registered
1993 Miata-T
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I think a real built, high reving engine would be thesame price as a turbo kit, probably would be more to fun, more reliable, and have more WHP than a 5psi kit, which is all anyone with a brain would run on a EJ25 if they dont have a generous cashflow.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
5psi turbo kits are around 3,000 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts