Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on running 5-7lbs with a walbro 255l pump on stock injectors for now. so which disc is best and why. let me know

·
Registered
852 Posts
If you haven't already bought it, don't buy the Vortech unit. I have the FMU (different from the S-FMU) and it hardly works. I really only see an increase of fuel pressure in 3rd-5th gear. I don't know whats wrong with it, and I've done a lot of testing on it and can't figure it out. I 'think' I have the 8:1 disk in there right now, but I can't figure it out since they aren't even labeled!

If I were you, I would get the Cartech FMU. It has vaccum FP control, as well as on boost settings. It is also a heck of a lot easier to adjust since you don't have to change the disks.

If you have the Vortech, then just use it I suppose, as maybe mine is a lemon. MOST guys running 5 lbs use the 6:1 plate, though I have seen some running the 4:1. If you have the fuel pump, and this also depends on your baseline fuel pressure, you will probably be better off running the 4:1. No fuel pump, run the 6:1 or 8:1.

Graham

1 - 4 of 4 Posts