Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 LSi w/EJ22T
1,125 Posts
The kind that lubricates the motor......j/k. My dad and I have used Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic since we got our cars. However I think I may switch to Motul motor oil.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Amsoil or Royal Purple. You get what you pay for a lot of the time. Switching over to synthetic from dino oil, you might want to do a couple changes with a synthetic blend such as Mobil Clean 7500, then switch over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Motor oil

what's basically the difference between the synthetic and non-synthetic? which one do really well? I just use my car for daily driving. :Gost:

·
Registered
2.5 rs
184 Posts
Rotella T6!!!
Its the shiz
and its cheap ~20 at your local wally world

Difference between syn and conventional
Less Friction.
Itll lubricate better, break down slower, and leave less deposits
However if you have leaks on your engine you may notice an increase because the flow rates are different between conventional and synthetic

·
Registered
02 ts wagon greenish
34 Posts
I use delo 15-40 for the last 40k im now at 150k. Gallon jug for $13 and purolator filter for $3. I run the absolute piss out of my car and like to know that the oil is fresh and ready to do its job.

·
Registered
1996 imp jdm ej20 NA dohc swap
400 Posts
I use Nippon enos syn., Lucas syn. additive, and OEM filter.
Get rid of the Lucas additive.... Have you actually seen what that stuff really is?? LOL Who ever told you to use that stuff needs to learn a few things...

Have you taken a look at the M1 0w40? Might want to do that as a money saver option compared to the Eneos even though the Eneos new sustina would be better, but pricey.

·
Registered
99 OBS 2.2l
258 Posts
Mobile 1 is a horrible oil. I tried regular, high mileage, different weights, etc. i always burned tons of that crap.
I tried all other popular oils, didnt burn as much but still way too much.
Then i switched to Rotella T5 10w30 synthetic. Went from 1qt every 350 miles to 1qt every 500.
During regular temperatures, youre supposed to use 10w30 according to the manual. Once its fairly cold (under 40f,) you can switch to 5w30/5w40.
I use nothing but Rotella now in everything i run. Not worth it to use anything else, coming from experience

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs 2dr Black
172 Posts
Get rid of the Lucas additive.... Have you actually seen what that stuff really is?? LOL Who ever told you to use that stuff needs to learn a few things...

Have you taken a look at the M1 0w40? Might want to do that as a money saver option compared to the Eneos even though the Eneos new sustina would be better, but pricey.
what's in it. I didn't see that it was particularly bad or good. or really does anything. I just did a quick search and it seams like the only thing special about it is that it contains zinc. I didn't see whether that's bad or not.

·
Registered
99 OBS 2.2l
258 Posts
what's in it. I didn't see that it was particularly bad or good. or really does anything. I just did a quick search and it seams like the only thing special about it is that it contains zinc. I didn't see whether that's bad or not.
Heres a quick link to help you decide if its good;
web.archive.org/web/20100926133335/http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

I, personally, only use an additive (Marvel Mystery Oil) just before oil changes. My engine has somewhat high miles, MMO is one of the few thats been proven over time to actually be useful

1 - 20 of 30 Posts