Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had all of the big plans of everyone else (ie: swaps and huge hp cars)

I instead bought an 05 STI and with a divorce and growing up I realized it was a waste on the street and temptation to lose my license doing something stupid. SO I sold the STI and kept my bugeye.

Here's the car:

Adding a wrx hood with STI scoop to make it suit my appearance needs.

Under the hood I have a ganzflow intake....everything else is stock.

At 84k on the clock I am about to replace the timing belt, all fluids and all filters.

I also have a hitch going on the back for some light gardening chores and maybe pull some motorcycles.

Here's my trailer:

Inside I have a pioneer HU with all stock speakers....I have a Soundstream Reference 500 and JL 12w0 waiting to go in to give some bass when needed.

Suggestions guys? where would you improve the car to make it more fun to own? IS the 5x8 trailer plus 2 motorcycles (about 1500 total weight) too much for me to pull?

I realize that in reality it would be more practical to just buy an STI or WRX than do a swap...so they are out of the question in my eyes. The intake makes the exhaust sound plenty loud to me as is...so no need for that in my eyes either.

I don't really have a budget....and I would like everyone's input. I have thought about adding some extra fog lights upfront via a rally innovations light bar....input on this?

Where would you improve this car? OR let it alone and just continue driving it as is?

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
If you're bone stock, start with the suspension. Rear swaybar, some springs/struts or coilovers, bushings and such. Makes the car lots of fun to drive. Short throw shifter is a great add-on for fun to drive as well. Make the car rev a little more freely with a lightweight pulley. If you like a little more noise with your driving, go for a header/exhaust setup (see the "which exhaust..." sticky at the top of this forum and pick your favorite). Intake for a couple ponies and more noise.

If you're rolling on stock rubber, get some better tires. Pick up some real winter tires (SO much fun in the winter) and some more performance-oriented rubber for the summer. You'll be shocked by the improvement some better rubber can make.

·
Registered
'05 RBP LegacyGT 5mt wagon
311 Posts
What he said ^...

Plus you could do all these things yourself. I did everything except the springs, which I intend to try. And it's my first suby, I've never modded anything except putting a CAI on a Jeep.

EDIT: Think used parts... Saved me $500 buying used stuff... I got a $500 near mint condition catback for $200 :sunny:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts