Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS SRP
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be a RS-T owner in the near future if every thing works out and was wondering what are the necessary gauges. I was guessing Boost, oil temp and oil pressure and I already have a Scangauge.

Also what are some decent gauges that won't break my bank. I was interested in white faced or the ones that are dark without power and light up when powered. Can I get any of these types of gauges for 50-100 bucks?

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
Wideband o2 kit with air/fuel ratio gauge
Boost Gauge
Oil Pressure (optional but nice)
EGT (optional but nice)

Prosport has some great gauges and I think they run from $45-$65 per gauge, which is really cheap for a quality gauge!!!! (search eBay)

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
Here's what mine look like. They are Autometer Phantom.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51877

What are you going to use for engine management? I have a fuel pressure gauge beccause when I first turbo'd the car I was using a RRFPR, now with the Hydra knowing the fuel pressure isn't as important.
If I was to buy gauges now I'd probably run boost, oil temp and EGT. You also need to have a wideband O2 but only when tuning so if you can integrate it with your EM do that. I have a PLX 300 I plug into the lighter and run the cable through the door when tuning.

·
Registered
94 wagon hybrid 1.8/2.2t
253 Posts
if you can. boost, wideband, egt, fuel pressure and oil pressure. that pretty much covers it. i would buy them in that order of how you can afford them too

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Sedan
1,238 Posts
i think wideband and boost are the most important ones in any kind of a forced induction engine. I'm a big fan of the inovate wideband kit, and prosport gauges...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts