Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
should we have a thread about vinyl then? :lol:

·
bin-der-dun-dat
felt sr81
3,745 Posts
the green stuff is actually designed designed for masking over lacquers which are usually quite smooth and thus the tape creates a very nice masking line. The blue is designed as a low-adhesive tape for paints that might have adhesion issues (which is quite often an interior thing). Both should work especially if you are only using it for autocross - i'de go with whatever's cheapest. Now if you are actually painting a car and you need to really think about the tape that you are using... thats a different story.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
2.5RSMatt said:
You got some old beatles albums you need explaining? :p
:rotflmao:

yea, i got some 1st press ones.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i'm just using them to hold up some wires on the outside of the car for a couple hours. no...i'm not going to a car show and taping neons on my car. :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi stiletto, i read ur post. And im sure u can help me wit advise. Ok i have a drive thru graduation ceremony next week, n have some decorations to stick on d car and also a big graduation hat for the roof of d car, but i really need to know what can i b able to use for it could hold strong n is good for decoration and dat is easy to remove witout damaging d paint? Please i need d help ive been torcherin my head thinkin thinkin....loool thanks

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,602 Posts
Hi stiletto, i read ur post. And im sure u can help me wit advise. Ok i have a drive thru graduation ceremony next week, n have some decorations to stick on d car and also a big graduation hat for the roof of d car, but i really need to know what can i b able to use for it could hold strong n is good for decoration and dat is easy to remove witout damaging d paint? Please i need d help ive been torcherin my head thinkin thinkin....loool thanks
This post is from 2006. I'm confident Stiletto will not be able to reply before your ceremony next week. I would use the blue painter's tape as it is designed to be safe for clearcoat and many friends of mine have used them on their own cars for aesthetics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jack Stalk----well thank u so very much cuz i was torturing my head thinkin wat to use...but it will remove easily right witout damagin d paint n would it hold d stuff on d car???? Is it a regular painters paint or specific fo cars?

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,602 Posts
It is PAINTERS TAPE. It is designed to be SAFE FOR PAINT.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
665 Posts
If you are really worried about your paint, go to an auto parts store and buy 3m masking tape from there.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts