Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of off-brand ones right now, and while they're not bad, they get pretty slippery when it's wet outside. I'm looking for something new to get, and I'm wondering what everyone has and how you like them? I'm looking for something grippy but not too expensive. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
stock for me! they're absolutely great. it'd be nice if the brake pedal was alittle wider to help facilitate switching from left-foot braking to downshifting, but you get used to it. i've driven a car with the sparcos (i think?) and they were too grippy. i found it was difficult to rotate your foot properly on them. plus those damn raised circles feel weird :borg:

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
I've had a set of Jamex covers since '99... they are aluminum and look great, excellent fit (have to drill into stock pedal), and only cost ~$20. Problem is I don't know if Jamex still makes em, they're a predominatly VW company (or were back in 99).

·
Registered
26,087 Posts

i have that line of pedals. got the clutch, brake, gas, and dead pedal too. it gets a little slippery when it's wet.

·
Registered
410 Posts
OMP Rally Pedals (bought them from Primm Motorsports). Cheap, light, and grippy (requires drilling and bolting them on, they don't clamp like many of the "for looks" pedals do). They look like diamond plate but with sharper edges on the raised sections. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies; keep 'em coming! Boy and Warp3, are yours slippery when wet? That's the main thing I hate about the ones I have right now; they're fine until it rains! Warp3, how exactly do those mount? It looks to me like the originals are gone, at least the gas pedal. What has to be drilled?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
The only time mine are slippery is when I wear an old pair of skateboarding shoes (the sole has gotten really hard and smooth). In normal running shoes, my combat boots, etc no problems.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are yours slippery when wet?
They are MUCH better than the stock pedals or the Ractive Carbon/Mesh covers were in the wet. They obviously won't have 100% of the grip of the dry pedals but it's much better than the others I've tried.

Warp3, how exactly do those mount? It looks to me like the originals are gone, at least the gas pedal. What has to be drilled?
The stock clutch/brake pedals are metal with rubber covers. The stock gas pedal is plastic (ugh). First remove the rubber covers. Then figure out where you want the covers to be in relation to the pedals (they are slightly larger so figure out where you want to overlap to be). Drill two holes in each pedal to correspond to any of the holes in the covers (except the huge hole in the gas pedal one... :lol: ). The clutch/brake covers will need to be slightly bent to match the curve of the stock pedals (easy to do...just set one end on the pedal and push down on the other side until it is flush). Bolt the covers down with the included nuts/bolts. (The gas pedal is a bit of a pain to bolt since it is so much closer to the floor.)

It sounds like a lot of work but really isn't. The only real hard part is trying to the get bolt/nut started on the gas pedal since there isn't a ton of clearance behind it.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet! It doesn't sound as tough as I thought it would be. So if I got those and wanted to go back to the stock pedals for whatever reason, it wouldn't be too big of a deal then?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just unbolt them and you are back to stock except for the two holes in each pedal... :lol: (brake and clutch would be covered by the stock rubber covers again though).

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
has sparco pedals and loves them
How are they when wet? Also, how do they install? Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
they're pretty good when wet actually.. only time my foot ever slips is when I"m using my old shoes that have zero tread. I have no idea about the install, previous owner did it :D

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
I got Stock WRX ones, they look nice, fit perfect, grip well and were a good price!
keith

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
moss, how much did they cost you?

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
I think it came out to like $45 + shipping, theyre direct replacements for the rubber pedals, no drilling, no claps. Peaty has them on his RS I believe as well. I know there's an install write up on them at scoobymods.com :)

keith

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that price for new or used? I'm guessing new, but I'm not sure.:)

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually checked out your site after I made that last post, Peaty. I found out that those prices are for new parts. It looks really good; much better than stock! It just looks like the gas pedal is a pain in the ass to do!:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts