Votes: 6 14.0%
  • new alignment specs

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • the loose nut behind the wheel

Votes: 26 60.5%
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, the BMW group around here got a new airfield (though it's gone now), and there were two courses, each over a mile long! :)

I was almost topping out 3rd gear on each course. One Supercharged M3 hit 110 on one course!! :eek:

· Registered
64 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest lift throttle oversteer. And possibly some trail brake oversteer.

An abrupt lift in a transition will upset the car. As will an abrupt lift when trying to turn in to a corner. Dragging the brakes on turn in will cause a similar effect. I've spun twice and had a near spin as a result of this. Its a quick snap spin. If these techniques are used properly, they yield quick times. If missed even slightly, you'll be backwards.

Have you changed when you get on the brakes from last year?

Just a thought.

Andrew H. <----- Voted for the nut behind the wheel

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks for the suggestion and those definitly are viable ways to get the tail around ;) but it was definitly the cold tires (not to say i'm not a loose nut behind the wheel, but that's another matter). now that its beastly, the tires have lots and lots and lots of grip. i haven't had any oversteer at all, actually (except at the rally-x :D ). the car is driving quite well. i just have to get the steering pulled back out of it quicker, which means i need to keep working on being smooth, but i'm getting there. i'm still debating on whether or not to go to nationals this year :confused:

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
after tearing up his stock front bumper "working" on the 100AW, he got a v4 bumper/foglight covers and lightweight beam. he bartered off the old bumper for some contraband ;) so he put on the v4 and bumper beam, but he didn't have the money to paint it, so now he is even ricier then joel :p

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
its a v4 bumper, not a OBS bumper. its the one with all the slats across the radiator opening, same size fogs as v5/6, and it has 3 slats over where the turn signal is instead of two. and you already have a set of racelines, but I need another set. i've been thinking more and more seriously about getting some summer tires, which means i'd need winters as well. who knew 3 sets of wheels wouldn't be enough :rolleyes:

· at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,401 Posts
I know what the V4 bumper is.. My bumper is like the 98 RS bumper without fogs.

I was saying he should trade me so I could have his V4 (3 slits beside the fogs instead of 2) and he could have my crappy one.. before he sells it :D

I wish I could obtain another set of wheels so I could have a 3rd set. But then I'd need a bigger garage and well then I'd need another set for the wife and... It's a vicious circle.

I need to get the new turbo/intercooler on the EJ22 and in the car. That's what I really need to do.

Jon

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
boost is for pussies :p

i know what you mean by the viscous cycle though. when i replaced the re92s with the dunlops, it was so wonderfull. but now i've driven on Azenias and that's what i want. it kind of sucks only having grip at auto-x's. but with the azenias, i would need winter tires...which means yet more wheels and tires. and next season i'll actually have brand new race tires for the first time ever :eek: that should be fun. i'm thinking about campaining the entire Solotime series next year, and maybe the Pro/Tour stops in Indiana. we shall see. oh, and you should come to the USGP with us Jon. check out the thread in the MW forum for the details.

· Registered
00 White GC8 (GM8) P1 twin, EJ207, 5spd DCCD, cusco rear LSD, STi front LSD
1,210 Posts
maybe because of your TOE in the rear. also, it may just be you braking harder, and upsetting the balance of the car.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.