Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well that explains the daytime running lights not on but i dont mind that. just trying to figure out my main problem with o2 sensor.

What happened was i put these borla replica headers on and had normal O2 operation for 2 months. would be open loop till it got to right temperature and then would go to closed loop and stay. now i turn the vehicle on and its in closed loop allready and the idle fluctuates goes to about 1086rpm to about 700 rpm and it alternates like that untill i start moving.

when i start to accel it stays in closed loop untill i let off the throttle and it goes open, then if i get back on the throttle it goes closed again and it when its closed its somewhat hesitant in parts of acceleration, then if i let of throttle it goes open throws the p0131 code and stays open untill i start the car again and it does it all again. Would wrapping the headers be the right fix or what? how do i get the O2 sensor back to normal functioning like it was when i put it on?

Does that explain it better!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
sardine can is the daytime running light resistor. borla header = cel ... get used to it. its not a bad thing. just lets you know.... yah its modifed!

·
Boxer rumble FTW!
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
621 Posts
yeah drl resistor, and thats weird you got a p1131, most people with exhaust/header get the dreaded p0420 code. check the wiring/harness and make sure its fully connected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better explanation!!!

well that explains the daytime running lights not on but i dont mind that. just trying to figure out my main problem with o2 sensor.

What happened was i put these borla replica headers on and had normal O2 operation for 2 months. would be open loop till it got to right temperature and then would go to closed loop and stay. now i turn the vehicle on and its in closed loop allready and the idle fluctuates goes to about 1086rpm to about 700 rpm and it alternates like that untill i start moving.

when i start to accel it stays in closed loop untill i let off the throttle and it goes open, then if i get back on the throttle it goes closed again and it when its closed its somewhat hesitant in parts of acceleration, then if i let of throttle it goes open throws the p0131 code and stays open untill i start the car again and it does it all again. Would wrapping the headers be the right fix or what? how do i get the O2 sensor back to normal functioning like it was when i put it on?

Does that explain it better!?!?!?!?!?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.