Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
00' RS SRP Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I apologize if this post is annoying or a faux pas on this site, but I do need some advice on a reasonable asking price.

I am testing the waters on selling my 2000 RS coupe. I've owned the car for 11 years but I'm at a point in life where keeping the car may no longer be feasible.

So about the car:
It is a 2000 2.5RS SRP Coupe with 101,000 original miles. My father and I bought the car in 2009 with 16,000 miles from the original owner. It was daily until up until the start of the pandemic and it has not really been driven too much since (250 miles since Feb. 2020).

The car is not stock. Here is a list of mods currently on the car:
Borla Headers
Stromung High Flow Cat
Borla Catback Exhaust System
AEM Short Ram Intake
KYB Adjustable AGX Struts
Tanabe Spring (Approx. 1 ½” of lowering)
2006 WRX 4/2 Pot Calipers
2006 WRX Rotors w/ parking brake
Hawk HPS Street Brake Pads
Techna-Fit Stainless-Steel Brake Lines
Clear corner signal headlights.

The car runs OK, I have been experiencing a weird issue with an inconsistent idle and occasional power loss while driving. Power loss lasts for a few seconds, the issue comes and goes, I unfortunately just do not have time to fully diagnose. Exterior is in fair condition, no quarter panel rust, but there are some imperfections from a few years of city street and garage parking. The worst of all is located by the driver side fog light (See pictures). OEM 6-spoke wheels have black plastidip on them. Interior is in good condition, has 2.5RS badged floor mats, working A/C, head unit with Bluetooth.

I can provide other information if it helps.
Photo link:

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
149 Posts
Wow. How many PM's have you already gotten on this? ;)

I casually watch the "RS market" (lolz), and I'd say this car, without the mystery engine issue, would probably get $8,000 at least. With no engine issue, I would probably list the thing at 9.5k and see what happens, especially if I didn't need to get rid of it ASAP. The engine issue would complicate things for me, personally, as I am no mechanic and would be at the mercy of someone else to diagnose the problem for me. I'm sure someone will jump on here who can give you a better sense of what it could be and how much it would affect the sale.

Here's a recent auction of an RS: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe - California-Kept, Largely Unmodified, 5-Speed Manual . I think minus the California-kept part, yours is better. Obviously, this is an auction, so you need to keep that in mind.

(joke...sort of): if you give me your passenger side door card and the driver's side floor mat, I'll give you mine and enough money to make it worth your time ;)

If you do decide to sell, good luck. And please make sure it goes to a good home...it breaks my heart when I see people destroy these beautiful machines with bad taste and carelessness.

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
150 Posts
Nice looking car. Don`t undersell- many people looking, diminishing supply . I think $7000-8500 in the fair range .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Damn that’s gorgeous! My only regret is that you took a presumably unmolested 16,000 mile car and plasti-dipped the wheels and modded it. Taking it back to stock would probably get you an extra $2000.
I’d say $6500-7000 as it is, $9,000-10,000 or more if it was stock.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Incidentally, did you check the maf?
2000/2001 and some 1999 cars run a MAP sensor, with no MAF. You can see there isn't one in the engine bay photo. That being said, with idle/power loss issues you would be hard pressed to get more than $7000 for the car since it's clean and theres like 10 people on here actively looking for one.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn that’s gorgeous! My only regret is that you took a presumably unmolested 16,000 mile car and plasti-dipped the wheels and modded it. Taking it back to stock would probably get you an extra $2000.
I’d say $6500-7000 as it is, $9,000-10,000 or more if it was stock.
I tried to be sensible with the mods, however I don't have any excuses for the Plastidip on the wheels lol. At least that can be removed.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. How many PM's have you already gotten on this? ;)

I casually watch the "RS market" (lolz), and I'd say this car, without the mystery engine issue, would probably get $8,000 at least. With no engine issue, I would probably list the thing at 9.5k and see what happens, especially if I didn't need to get rid of it ASAP. The engine issue would complicate things for me, personally, as I am no mechanic and would be at the mercy of someone else to diagnose the problem for me. I'm sure someone will jump on here who can give you a better sense of what it could be and how much it would affect the sale.

Here's a recent auction of an RS: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe - California-Kept, Largely Unmodified, 5-Speed Manual . I think minus the California-kept part, yours is better. Obviously, this is an auction, so you need to keep that in mind.

(joke...sort of): if you give me your passenger side door card and the driver's side floor mat, I'll give you mine and enough money to make it worth your time ;)

If you do decide to sell, good luck. And please make sure it goes to a good home...it breaks my heart when I see people destroy these beautiful machines with bad taste and carelessness.
I appreciate the input, have certainly been looking at recent sales and auctions. Trying my best to compare what I have to what has been sold. At this time, I'll need to hold onto the door card and floor mat lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
2000/2001 and some 1999 cars run a MAP sensor, with no MAF. You can see there isn't one in the engine bay photo. That being said, with idle/power loss issues you would be hard pressed to get more than $7000 for the car since it's clean and theres like 10 people on here actively looking for one.
ah that’s right. Been troubleshooting my 2ZZ swapped MR2 too much lately. Need to switch back to Subaru mode haha

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
888 Posts
I tried to be sensible with the mods, however I don't have any excuses for the Plastidip on the wheels lol. At least that can be removed.
I like the exhaust mods. The intake is hit or miss since it's basically just a sound adder, but easy enough to go back to stock.
Plasti dip them wheels gold and you've got a winner!

·
Registered
42 Posts
That’s fairly low mileage, and overall looks in great condition. If you’re in a financial bind, try and hold out for as much as you can. There is good demand and diminishing supply of clean cars.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a 01 coupe, 06 sti swap, non running in need of a new harness, clutch, brake work. Clean body but had the drivers quarter smashed years ago and a clip from a clean car was welded from just in front of the driver strut tower to the radiator brace on passenger side. Some less than desirable things done to the car over the years. Had been painted a non subaru pearl white. I threw 10K at the previous owner as fast as I could and loaded it before he changed his mind.

Before buying I almost pulled the trigger on a 99, completely stock, 140K miles, rust setting in on rear quarters. Needed love. I was going to pay 8K, but someone swooped in and offered the owner $8500.

I would value your car, based on my recent year long search (which ended about 12 months ago with the above mentioned purchase) between $8-$10K.

If I had to guess you have an IACV problem or similar inconsequential issue around air and fueling. It would not even factor into the decision for me personally. If the car sat as it does now, with no engine in it, I would still offer 7K for the exceptionally clean body, paint, interior and brake upgrade. Clean coupes are NOT easy to find.

GLWS but hopefully you can hang onto her.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You may want to refer to the classified ads all over the internet for the pricing of this car. Don't sell it cheap since it is of good quality.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the exhaust mods. The intake is hit or miss since it's basically just a sound adder, but easy enough to go back to stock.
Plasti dip them wheels gold and you've got a winner!
I have a set of WedsSport SA-90's in bronze I would include with the car. In decent shape, but they need new tires. They look beautiful on the car.

·
Registered
00' RS SRP Coupe
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For all interested, I have decided to move forward with the sale. My listing can be found in the classified listings. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For all interested, I have decided to move forward with the sale. My listing can be found in the classified listings. Thanks for everyone's input.
id like to give an offer but I'm new to the form and cant create a pm yet. mind sending me one first?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Id also like to given an offer as well but also new as well and cant reply to you add on the classified. if you can send me a M as well that would be much appreciated

1 - 20 of 21 Posts