Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Water leak dripping onto passanger side only. Coming from a felt pad behind the glove box. Happened for the first time during a moderate rainfall. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Is it coolant or is it water? Your A/C evaporator is located in that area, as is your heater core. If it's coolant, then your heater core is leaking, if it's water, then it could be condensation from you evaporator I guess. There should be a little rubber tube/hose that water drains from that goes through the firewall. Maybe the hose got disconnected?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is water only and it has been raining for 2 days straight (very humid outside).
got into my car today and the air felt DAMP. real damp.
felt square is still wet.
so the rubber hose that connects my AC evaporator...this will be fun to find.
thanks - ill check it out:)

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
You can get to that rubber hose fairly easily but lifting up the carpet, like you're trying to get to the ECU. Just remove the door sill, then a couple upholstery "fittings", and it lifts out. then look up underneath the evaporator and you'll see it.

Masiolli do you have gauge wire's passing through your firewall on that side or on the drivers side?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loomis - is that evaporator or condensor pan visible from any of the pictures posted? I dont quite understand where to look for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts