Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You know, if you had posted this in the So Cal forum I would figure that you were making a bad I-club joke:checkit: But sence you posted it here I'll assume you are serious.

What is the application?? Turboing a 2.5 or replacement on a WRX????

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.0L turbo/w MY01...i don't have it yet but i'm making plans.....i saw blitz blow off valve but it's expensive......so which is a good one for it's value?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The real advantage of running a aftermarket BOV can be debated for pages and pages. If you are going to use a WRX set up I would do the GFB one from MRT, you can set it up to go 50/50. Blow back into the intake and blow out to the open under hard use. It should run around $200 or less. If you doing it just for sound I would lean tword the HKS, Blitz, or maybe Turbo Smart.

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
since we're talking about BOVs, i'm looking at the HKS one.

I'm wondering how the push pull action works? Does it not use a spring like other BOVs?

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
No one has mentioned turboXs yet. From my understanding they make a good blowoff valve and a good Return Bypass valve or something like that.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
The TiAL one flows a TON of air. Are you doing an USDM ej20t swap? If so, leave the blow off valve alone. It is one of the few stock BOVs that work well. The ECU expects the air to be there too.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Thats why I would sujest the GFB one, hook it up 50/50 and it won't flip the computer out as much. The Turbo sx ones are ok just stay away from the RFL one, the maching is wrong and the piston binds up.

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
scoobyrs25 said:
The TiAL one flows a TON of air. Are you doing an USDM ej20t swap? If so, leave the blow off valve alone. It is one of the few stock BOVs that work well. The ECU expects the air to be there too.
yeah...i'm planning to do a USDM ej20-t swap but the sti would be nice......what do u mean by the TiAL blow off valve...do u mean the stock one.....if i can find a way to make it have that PSSSH sound when u shift yea i might keep it...but if ot i want after market so i get that sound....

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
Tial is a brand name. They make the best wastegates and blow off valves. Soon they will have a replacement turbo for the WRX as well. I have the wastegates on my site, but I still need to put up the bov.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
I'm going with a 1G DSM BOV off of a 91 Eclipe with my setup. All metal, supposed to be kinda loud, and got it off of eBay for $60:D Once you find the one you want, don't forget to search on eBay, tons ov them there. Search under "bov", "blowoff valve", and "blow off valve", that should show you all of them, and some will show up on a two of the searches. It all just depends on what the person selling it calls it.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
No problem. Just be sure to check where the seller is. There's one guy who has lots of really nice JDM stuff from cars we don't get here, but he's over in Japan, and wants $35 shipping plus any tarrif fees that might come up. Seemed a little high to me for shipping something as small as a blowoff valve. But he did have some really nice stuff. Guess it just depends what you want and how much you want to pay for it.

·
Registered
RSTi, STi V6, BRZ Turbo
6,318 Posts
HondaH8er said:
I'm going with a 1G DSM BOV off of a 91 Eclipe with my setup. All metal, supposed to be kinda loud, and got it off of eBay for $60:D Once you find the one you want, don't forget to search on eBay, tons ov them there. Search under "bov", "blowoff valve", and "blow off valve", that should show you all of them, and some will show up on a two of the searches. It all just depends on what the person selling it calls it.
Don't do it! Metal or not, that thing is famous for being the worst BOV ever made.
Kevin
www.pkZero.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts