Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been spending a bunch of time on Subaru Review looking at upgrading my stock shifter. What does everybody think?

Thanks,

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Well, I guess i gotta be different, but that's part of the reason I drive an RS in the first place:D The one Larry and Cobb sell:

http://www.imprezars.com/product2.htm#shift

Not quite as short a distance as the Kartboy, but it's about as tall as the stock shifter, and I liked it's height, that's why I went with this one. Also, it has bearings instead of bushings where it connects to the linkage, makes for a pretty percise feel. I still need the other Kartboy bushings, though, to finish the setup.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it looks like a resonding support of the kartboy shifter. my next question is, is it as tall, taller, or how much shorter than the stock shifter? anyone have that information?

thanks

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think Prova or one of the other companies makes that straight shifter. You don't have to move the stick side to side. That is if you want something for really fast shifts for drag racing or circuit use.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Peaty,

thanks. i did look at it the first time, let me rephrase my question. does kartboy make a model that is as tall, or taller than the stock shifter? does anyone make a bent back s curve shifter? i am looking for shorter throws along with a more comfortable hand positioning.

thanks,

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
KB only makes one shifter. If you want something the same height you'll have to go with the Cobb or STi. There may be others but those are the ones I've worked w/ directly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peaty,

thanks again for the information. i will consider the cobb adjustable, or even making my own.

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts