Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I go over 4000 RPMs I hear this hissing sound it appears to be coming out my CAI, has any one else experienced this??? is this a common thing with CAI's?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Maybe a vacuum leak from one of the rubber hoses? Did you check those? Does it idle low or rough? Those are usually associated with vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
No, no, no, no, no, no, no! That's just how the intake sounds. When you get to that RPM, the engine is sucking more and more air through the intake. For instance, form your lips like you're about to drink from a straw, and inhale slowly. Obviously you can hear your breath. Now do the same thing inhaling with a greater amount of force. TADA!!! Similar sucking noise!

That's how intakes are. You don't hear it with the stock intake because it was designed with all the baffles and the big box to reduce engine noise.

I personally LOVE that sucking/hissing noise!!! Don't worry about it. That noise just means that the intake is doing its job. :D

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
that sound is beautiful. the intake gets so loud that it rumbles something in my car, and i love it! i remember when i first installed my intake (or filter, all i have is a cone filter in place of the flat stock filter) it made this blow-off sorta sound everytime i let go of the throttle at higher rpms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts