Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and name the things you've done to prevent breaking trannys and all that great stuff

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L
82 Posts
I dunno about you, but my engine idles at about 800 rpms ;)

When I autox I launch at about 4500rpms, I don't drop the clutch, just let it out really fast.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm running the ACT, and even N/A I am afraid to let it out hard, like no more than 2500 RPM. :(

My turbo is halfway installed, so I don't know what its gonna be like once that thing is done...

Graham

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im NA and i launch at 5k and slip my clutch....and i beat my friends alltrac boosting 14lbs sooo ?

·
Registered
744 Posts
turbo lag.. vs instant torgue. You'd be surprised how you can beat many boosted cars with a lower displacement off the line.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yes! I love that game! And the best thing is that the WRX and the Impreza HillClimb are some of the best handling cars in that game (of course, the Skyline @ 800+hp aint too bad either).

I finally got to the second set of levels + cars last weekend! I can tell you, if I have learned anything from that game it's that I should never drive in the mountains if I want to live :D

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i drive like a maniac in that game haha ever jump onto someone elses car and stay on it? hahaha quite fun

·
Registered
99 2.5rs black dimond pearl
406 Posts
at autocross I rev the engine between 3500-4000 and drop the clutch, the tires slip for an instant then your off. My car is na

Anthony C

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i'm NA, drop clutch at 6500 rpm. j/k. i slip my clutch at about 4k.

jz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts