Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I downloaded this Video of the net The Autoweek test drive of the Impreza 22b (this is an old Vid) in it there was this thing on a 2.5 RX I have never heard of that anyway I thought I'd pick you fools brain and maybe someone can enlighten me...Laters

Frank

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in the Video the Impreza RX is a Turbo charged 2.5 fucking tite too! with a front mount intercooler it actually out performs the 22b in acceleration and in the 1/4 mile I just want to know who tuned this car and basically find out more information about it.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meebs said:
the guy just made up the badge "RX"... like how most people call them RS-T now days.
I see! cool know anything about that particular car though?

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
FRAKK's2.5 said:
I see! cool know anything about that particular car though?
yea, i wanna know more too

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Wasn't the RX one of Subaru's first attempts at bringing a decent car here? I thought it was kind of like a working concept car that was put together to see if they could make it work for the US market. I remember seeing the pics in SCC or A subaru newsletter (Drive maybe?).

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had one, in grey. It was my first car. I think mine was an 85 though. It was turbo'd an SO much fun. So much fun in fact that I drove it through a bunch of willow bushes, rolled down an embankment, and into a river. I will never forgive myself.

-Andy

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No the car that I'm talking about was a GC8 I know what an RX is my Uncle used to have one!

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS RBP
68 Posts
That 2.5 RX (GC8) in the story is indeed the car that Subaru lent to Sport Compact Car for them to work their magic. Only 2 or 3 installments in they hurridly threw a APEXi turbo and plumbing on it for a car show. Then they had to hand it back to Subaru. That's when they went out and got Shiv's 99. And started all over again. If you need, I have all the SCC issues at the house if you want to know what month or issue.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude that would be cool I have a couple of them...I think I'm missing like two anyway can you tell me which year and month?

Thanks

Frank

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
The Impreza RX is a model thet they got in Australia (don't know if they got it anywhere else, though), and it's a NA 2.0 powered Impreza

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
Mitch said:
That 2.5 RX (GC8) in the story is indeed the car that Subaru lent to Sport Compact Car for them to work their magic. Only 2 or 3 installments in they hurridly threw a APEXi turbo and plumbing on it for a car show. Then they had to hand it back to Subaru. That's when they went out and got Shiv's 99. And started all over again. If you need, I have all the SCC issues at the house if you want to know what month or issue.
Yup, Mitch is right. This car is a '98 RS, the very very first RS ever made. Before Sport Compact got the car, it was already modified by some SOA guys with an STi suspension, custom Recaro seats, a '99 front end and some sort of factory performance muffler. The APEXi turbo was actually tuned by a guy from APEXi. It then went on to do some autoshows, and made appearances on motorweek and possibly a few more places.

I don't know where this car happens to be right now, probably floating around still like SOA's 22B.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS RBP
68 Posts
Frakk -- I'll try to get you that info ASAP. Thanks Doorknob & Yeoman for confirming my correctness.
:biggest:
---------------------
I'm over 42

·
Registered
852 Posts
I remember that RX, that thing was sick. I have the video of it on Motorweek beating the 22B in the quarter. They also had Adam Bloom's first car. I remember being so excited seeing all those GC8 turbo Subaru's in one place, and on national TV.

Graham

1 - 18 of 18 Posts