Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are recommending that I get a GC8. (In the market for a ~$20K, automatic, '02 RS 2.5.) What is a GC8?

blakespot

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
GC8=what we call the old-school 2.5RS.

GC8 is the chassis code for the 93-01 J-Spec 4-door WRX, so it's not quite right, but it's easyto type. My chassis code is actually GM6, 2000 2.5RS coupe.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
blakespot said:
People are recommending that I get a GC8. (In the market for a ~$20K, automatic, '02 RS 2.5.) What is a GC8?

blakespot
Kewlest Subaru ever...;)

·
Premium Member
2002 Impreza RS 2.5
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's acutally the 2002 RS 2.5 / WRX body style that caught my attention. I was looking in the 2002 guides for Civic, Neon, Focus, etc. and wsa taken aback by the look of the current model. I am more fond of it than of the old style, I must say, though I gather that this is mostly a old-school bodystyle crowd and I'm likely offending. Not my intention!

I look forward to owning one.

Just a few days now.

blakespot

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
You are the first person I have ever known to speak this blashem... err opinion...
:barf:

j/k... Git what you want...;)

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS 2Dr BRP
61 Posts
GC8 isn't entirely right like you guys said, but I like that better than GM6. It just sounds nicer and ain't nothin 'GM' on this car.:D

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Some people like the old body style better (like most of us), some like the new style (like you). It's all opinion and it's all good, since the good stuff is all under the body anyways. Remember, there's no replacement for displacement, and the 2.5 NA has more low-end grunt than the 2.0 FI. On a tight, first-gear-only rally-cross or auto-cross, the WRX never really gets boost built up, and I've never had a stock one finish close to me at any of the rally-crosses I run in. The magic is in the drivetrain, not the body:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts