Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all....what's it mean when she wants a break? We've been dating for a little over 19 months now; I got mad because the day before she leaves for Europe she plans on spending it with her friends not me and now she wants a break!?

Anyone have any Idea what this means?

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
Count your losses and move on, this term is generally not good. Well atleast in my expierence it isn't.

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no; she's not that kind of girl.....I'm the only guy she's been in bed with. I know that's not what it is. She asked for one about 2 or 3 months ago but I talked her out of it, but I know she would NEVER ever cheat on me.

·
Registered
White 98 OBS
682 Posts
Okay.

She may not have cheated yet, (and in all fairness probably hasn't) but if she's telling you flat out that she needs a "break," then that just means she's not woman enough to just say that her interests lie somewhere other than with you. Trust me on this. Take it to the bank.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Exactly what D.S. is telling you... somehow her "I will never cheat on you because You are the only guy i have been with" flew out the window the minute she spends her last day (s) with her friends instead of YOU. atleast she was smart enough to let you go (Pretty much) before her play-day arrives(with her friends). Sorry buddy, time to move on.

·
Registered
99 RS RBP
436 Posts
In my own experience, it means it's time to move on. Just as everyone else has said, she wants to do other things and meet new people, don't get yourself all emotionally tied up in this whole thing just go hang out with your friends and meet new people as well. The more you let yourself have the whole "shes the only one for me, we'll always be together, she'll never sleep with anyone else" attitude, the harder it will be for you to realise that thats a bunch of bullshit.

It sucks when a girl says that, trust me i know, but it's just that time. Maybe your paths will cross later on in the future, but for now just do your own thing, and be a free man.

·
Registered
1999 Black Forester L
25 Posts
Dirty Sanchez said:
Okay.

She may not have cheated yet, (and in all fairness probably hasn't) but if she's telling you flat out that she needs a "break," then that just means she's not woman enough to just say that her interests lie somewhere other than with you. Trust me on this. Take it to the bank.
I can attest to that. My ex asked for a "break" when she returned home to Michigan (I was going to UTI in Florida). Two weeks later, found out she had gone back to her ex.

Are you kissing her ass dude? Do you keep her interested?
Just agree to the break and move on..at least for now. Or else you'll seem needy/clingy. Girls don't like that..especially from a guy.

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well; the weird thing about the whole situation is we set boundaries.....

for example; we aren't aloud to do anything with anyone lol; and afterwards she kissed me like she's never kissed me before; I think this is why I'm so confused....

Her: i just made the one titled the boyfriend set to where only i could view it
Her: i didn't delete it or anything
me: oh ok
Her: yeah
i'll probably be using it again and all so no point in deleting it

that's some chat log where we were talking about a photo album online.

·
Registered
2000 SRP RS
311 Posts
Break - break up = same thing. She wants her "space" meaning she wants to - or already might be dating someone else. Could it be her friends that pushed her to do this since you have "boundaries"? Personally I think boundaries are best left unspoken. If you have to speak about them, then to me that means you can't trust the other.

·
Registered
13 Impreza
1,334 Posts
you, my friend, are being kept on the leash...... this break is probably so she can go and have whatever fun she can with whoever is fun around her and not feel bad when she eventually has to come back. and when she does come back, she's got you on the leash tied to the pole, right where she left you.

you can stick in denial all you want, but since the general population of the world has seen the ending already, just pop that little "we're ok... we're fine... it's just a temporary break" bubble and listen to us on this one.

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
possibly...but she's practically straight edge if you know what that means. She does drink, smoke, or have random sex. maybe I'm too bitch wipped.

·
Registered
13 Impreza
1,334 Posts
i think you mean "doesn't"

one of my exes was strait edge.... she's slept with more guys than i had in my high school graduating class..... some females lead lives of lies just so they don't feel like whores in the end....

you're bitch whipped. just say "have fun in europe" and find a new gf. the jealousy will kill her as she realizes what she did.

·
Registered
2000 SRP RS
311 Posts
gray_scoob_punk said:
possibly...but she's practically straight edge if you know what that means. She does drink, smoke, or have random sex. maybe I'm too bitch wipped.
I would say so, lol. How old are you again? J/w...

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
21..yeah I meant doesn't...and I know she doesn't sleep around..she's not that kind of girl..but I'm thinking about going and eating dinner with this chic at work that just broke up with her bf too....I can smell the jealousy; hell i could smell the jealousy before we went on a "break"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts