Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to buya RS and I'm also trying to get the Subaru certified 100,000 mile warranty. I came across a 2005 RS Pro. I went and drove it nothing special, No indicating marks stating PRO. Did ths dealer make this up or what? One thing it did have the same seats as the WRX, which I liked. Do all the 2005 RS's have these seats? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
I trying to buya RS and I'm also trying to get the Subaru certified 100,000 mile warranty. I came across a 2005 RS Pro. I went and drove it nothing special, No indicating marks stating PRO. Did ths dealer make this up or what? One thing it did have the same seats as the WRX, which I liked. Do all the 2005 RS's have these seats? Thanks for the help.
i have never heard of a "RS Pro" they might THINK its pro because of the WRX seat. and no i am pretty positive 05 rs's dont come with WRX seats. since it does i would assume the car has be modded too. but if you can get the warranty that would be great. unless you want to mod as well. but GL

·
Registered
2005 . 2.5RS . psm .
183 Posts
No, not all 05 RS's have the WRX seats. There is however a sports package which includes the seats, wheel, upgraded speaker system and a six disc in dash cd changer(might have forgotten something). Did it have any of those options?

Never heard of a RS Pro before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, not all 05 RS's have the WRX seats. There is however a sports package which includes the seats, wheel, upgraded speaker system and a six disc in dash cd changer(might have forgotten something). Did it have any of those options?

Never heard of a RS Pro before.

It did have the 6 disc not sure about hte speakers though. Do all the sport packages come with those seat? Those are the deal sealers for me.

·
Registered
'01 BRP Coupe
2,799 Posts
Maybe there was a 'Prodrive' sticker on the car and the 'drive' part fell off.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
no such thing. The guy better not be jacking up the price for this claim

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
It's probably the Sport Package. The seats may be the deal sealer, but what should be is the 4.11 final gear ratio. Also, it won't have foglights, one quick way to tell from the outside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's probably the Sport Package. The seats may be the deal sealer, but what should be is the 4.11 final gear ratio. Also, it won't have foglights, one quick way to tell from the outside.
With the 4:11 ratio am I going to get 20mpg highway or higher? Can I get the Sport package with foglights?

·
Registered
'02 PSM 2.5 RS
1,688 Posts
With the 4:11 ratio am I going to get 20mpg highway or higher? Can I get the Sport package with foglights?
The 4.11 ratio should get a good 25mpg or better on the highway. Shouldn't go below 20mpg even in the worst city driving and abuse. But it does drone a lot, like 3k rpm at 65mph. So if you just want a commuter, the regular 3.93(?) would be much better with better mileage and more comfortable cruising. But the 4.11 is a lot more fun and really make the car as sporty as it should be. I wouldn't trade my 4.11 for anything, but I would love a 6th gear for cruising.

·
Registered
2005 . 2.5RS . psm .
183 Posts
Yep, every 05 RS with the sport package includes WRX seats. They are quite nice, and I get complimented on them from friends all the time.

It did have the 6 disc not sure about hte speakers though. Do all the sport packages come with those seat? Those are the deal sealers for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was checking prices on autotrader.com for RS sports and a Subaru dealership in NH called a sport a PRO. I don't get it. oh well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, I see this thread is older but figured i'd post this info. I found a dealer in Annapolis MD with a RS PRO. It doesnt have a spoiler, and I cant tell if the ratio is 4.11, but it seems to have everything else in the list below. Any ideas why this car is outfitted like this???

Body colored side ground effects
4.11 final gear ratio with manual trans (replaces 3.9) makes it slightly quicker
Aluminum pedals (manual)
Premium am/fm 6disc CD changer, 6 speakers, 140w
(early brochures had this stereo at 260w but it was corrected in August)
4 Upgraded speakers
2 Tweeters (tweeters)
Body colored mirrors
Sport bucket seats w/ integrated headrests (front)
Leather parking brake
Momo leather steering wheel
Sport dashboard instruments
STi type fog light covers (unless you get fog lights)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh sorry i meant to show that the list came from cars101 website and not the dealer. This car doesnt have a rear spoiler though, i'll look again but it didnt seem like it was removed or that there was rear damage that was fixed by swapping out a trunk lid from a regular 2.5RS. strange.

·
Registered
'96 Outback Sport
283 Posts
no such thing. The guy better not be jacking up the price for this claim
Wrong!

In August 2005 I bought a PSM '05 2.5RS Sport/Pro brand new. The window sticker read something like "2.5 RS Sport Pro/VTD". The 2.5 RS Sport/Pro was really just a WRX with a N/A 2.5. I loved mine, wish I still had it.

From what I know, the RS with the Sport/Pro package came with:

• STI fog covers (without decals)
  • WRX interior (black highback buckets, WRX pedals, leather wrapped steering wheel, leather shift boot and ebrake handle)
  • Premium Sound system (6-disc changer, tweeters, premium speakers)
  • WRX Spoiler
  • WRX Sideskirts
  • Alloy wheels ('02 WRX style)
  • Sport Suspension (100% the same as the WRX)
  • Painted Mirrors
  • Silver trim around the gauges
IIRC the sticker price for mine was a little over $21,000

·
Registered
4 Posts
RS PRO update.

I went to my hometown subaru dealer where the parts and service guys know me and they looked up the VIN of the car I'm looking to buy that is listed RS PRO.

Brian in parts/service dept looked up the VIN in the computer which also confirmed it as a RS 2.5 PRO. VIN# also confirmed the 4.11 final drive on the tranny.

Then i asked "but there is no rear spoiler" to which he said that he wasnt concerned about that as he felt the spoiler was an option most of the time anyway. ??? anyway...

This 2005 RS2.5 pro that i'm looking to buy now has everything in the list to be a SPORT, minus the spoiler. Question I have out of curiosity is, what was subaru thinking or doing regarding the PRO label????

-s

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
This is very interesting! Never heard of this model although now that I think about it I have seen some 2.5s that look nearly identical to WRXs, but on closer inspection are not. That would explain it.

·
Registered
'96 Outback Sport
283 Posts
Years ago I had SubieGal look into what it all meant for me but I can't remember what exactly she told me about it. Getting old sucks....

As for the lack of a spoiler, that doesn't suprise me as there was so much trunk swapping going on. Everyone with an STI wanted to go wingless, everyone with a base Impreza wanted the WRX wing.

Steve Landay, what color is the one you're looking at buying?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts