Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
00 RS, 08 WRX Hatch, 16 Legacy
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what intake is everyone running on their wrxs. i currently am running k&n typhoon short ram and have some surging issues with it. it was a freebie. anyway i want to change it. let me know what u got and are happy with, spt,aps,cobb,perrin....etc u got the point

thanks

· Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,931 Posts
maybe cause you got over-oiling issues with your maf using the k&n filter.

i use the aem dryflow. it flows equally, if not, better than k&n with no oil to deal with. try using a dry flow filter with your k&n pipe and see how that goes. ebay sells them for $35 shippped, authentic too.

· Registered
109 Posts
stock is the way to go. as my tuner explained it to me that on a stock turbo with stock inlet....stock intake is the way to go.
Most aftermarket intakes will suck in more air than what can go through inlet and into turbo....thus creating that turbo surge.
If you have bigger turbo and inlet pipe...than you want intake that will get more air.
But for us stock guys....keep stock airbox, take out snorkel in fender and get a panel filter for a lil better flow.

· Registered
00 RS, 08 WRX Hatch, 16 Legacy
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ran the resonator delete with k&n drop in felt no difference-as far as the oil on the filter its brand new didnt need to oil it yet-i put perrin intercooler pipes on and seemed to help a lil bit. but didnt start until the intake. good advice about the oil on maf, i will check it anyway.

· The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
6,720 Posts
K&N Typhoon. I'm tuned, so no surging. I'd sell this thing and get something else, but it's not worth the hassle for no power gains. Besides, I've been oiling K&N filters for nine years now, I think I know how to oil them properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.