Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 impreza with almost 30k miles. i am goingto change the gear oil at 30k and was wondering what kind to use. i dont want to shorten the life of anything as i do a lot of driving. i do a little under 1k miles a week. the driving i do is mostly in town on roads that are 40mph. i do some highway and some slow roads. i do a moderate amount of shifting in my drive. any help would be great. thanks

also, what else should i change at 30k
i use mobil 1 synthetic every 3k miles, my manual says to change it every 7500 miles, am i going overboard? it seems like it needs one every 3k, subarus are oil hogs has been my experience

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
what else should i change at 30k
a bunch of stuff. consult your manual for the full list but its stuff like fuel filter, air filter, plugs, etc.

i use Redline 75W90. its great. then again, i do alot of hard driving and loose surface driving.

·
Registered
2000 RS, silver, blah, blah, b
200 Posts
Yup Redline... it's a little pricey (I think... never did much research in "regular" gear oils.) But it's also the best, all the racecars in the SCCA touring car races use it. Can't be all that bad. I also use the regular lube oil from them and couldn't be happier. :biggest:

just my .02

Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts