Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to know what gauges everyone has, as well as which ones you think are most important with a turbo? I have A/F ratio, boost, EGT, and oil pressure.

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T
3,211 Posts
A/F ratio (crappy Autometer), Boost, EGT (probe 2" after #3 cyl.)

·
Registered
646 Posts
What ones do I have or what ones have I got around to installing? I've got a VDO EGT gauge, boost gauge, crappy autometer A/F ratio gauge but going to get a Jumptronix digital setup thats more accurate and cheap, Autometer oil pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge, voltage gauge, transmission temp gauge and waiting to order a oil temp gauge. None of which I've gotten around to installing. Looking for a three gauge pillar pod to use and I've already got the dashtop pod. Going to have to modify the piece under the stereo to work for a gauge or two as well. When I get a Knock Link I'm just installing it in the gauge cluster over something useless like the tach since the cars an A/T.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
I've got an Intellitronix (cyberdyne) A/F gauge, Autometer Z-series vac/boost (only reads vac for now), Westach EGT (I love this gauge, very sensitive). For those of you with MY00+ that have the wideband front O2 sensor, check out Gadgetseller Gauges for wideband modified A/F gauges.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well somebody was selling some modified ones that would use the 52mm gauges but the orignal setup is for something much smaller. I forget the actual size though.

Why doesn't somebody make a damn 52mm triple gauge pod for the a-pillar of our cars?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I was thinking about buying the pod, and having a friend make up an aluminum gauge bezel for it. Would I have to cut into the gauge pod itself to fit the 52mm's?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Factory gauges ar like 45mm. If you buy the factory housing you can ge a faceplate that will hold 3 52mm gauges from Larry Ganz at Imprezars.com. They are not on his site so e-mail him....$69 I think.

I have 2 defi-link 52mm gauges (oil and water temp.) on my a-pillar. And 3 defi-link 60mm gauges (oil pressure, boost, EGT) in a defi triple gauge center for for the gc-8.

Also an AVC-R that is where my ash try was.

Tats.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Since they don't make a triple 52mm gauge pod for the 2.5RS would it be possible to use two of the double gauge pods or a double and a single so I can put the EGT, A/F and boost gauges all on the a-pillar?

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
or this...
Autometer (guess-o-meter) Phantom

Boost, EGT, Oil pressure and temp, volt meter

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
So does anybody have the part number for the dual a-pillar pod for the 99RS? I'm just going to order to of them and use them both on the pillar.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So does anybody have the part number for the dual a-pillar pod for the 99RS?
I don't know the part number, but I got mine from www.egauges.com . You should be able to find it easily on there. I think I paid around $25 for mine.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts