Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Bluebird
691 Posts
I don't like Fakebook for the aforementioned reasons, I think it's a generational thing. I love RS25 because it's still a purist site, and thus different then NASIOC, IWSTI, etc...

I agree, back in 2011 this site was huge! As soon as social media became the norm, it took a lot of traffic from the forum sites.

·
2.5RSMatt
117 Posts
It died with the rest of the forum
Exactly. This place began slowly dissolving when people who were regular posters became fed up with how the forum was being managed. When those people post less it's generally less "banter" which means less OT. Less shooting the sheet turns into less overall posting which turns into rs25 today. People move to the easiest platform which includes the majority of the community and that so happens to be FB. FB kinda sucks as a replacement for what this place used to be but as others have said, it's convenient.

Some will disagree but I don't believe that FB took traffic from here. Conglomerate selfish business motives pushed traffic away.

-2.5RSMatt

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Exactly. This place began slowly dissolving when people who were regular posters became fed up with how the forum was being managed. When those people post less it's generally less "banter" which means less OT. Less shooting the sheet turns into less overall posting which turns into rs25 today. People move to the easiest platform which includes the majority of the community and that so happens to be FB. FB kinda sucks as a replacement for what this place used to be but as others have said, it's convenient.

Some will disagree but I don't believe that FB took traffic from here. Conglomerate selfish business motives pushed traffic away.

-2.5RSMatt
it has nothing to do with the way the forum is managed.

i believe it has to do with the generation. most people that joined when this forum was created were in their 20's now most are in the mid 30's and are grown up with families and have other priorities in their life

to me it sounds like you had an issue with management, still hold a grudge against the outcome and keep using that as a main excuse.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,176 Posts
I am not on FB and am 29 atm. I own three 95's because of this site. :D

People forget about things being so busy in life, there are a ton of websites I don't browse like I wish I did back in the day, never any time it seems.

·
Registered
Subaru
1,301 Posts
I prefer this site over FB for a few reasons. Knowledgeable threads, members, etc. BUT I believe management (owner) has pushed a lot of people away. Many previous premium members have gone away mostly because they refuse to put money into this site. Hopefully the owner recognizes the slow down and that the site needs some change.

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I joined this site in 2010 when I got the RS before moving down to CA.

I got to meet some great people and get to see a different side of the world cause of it. I learned so much about the 1st gens from this place and it has been awesome.

For me it's the people that makes this forum, there are some people on here that are just amazing to be around. And yes some people get turned away from the boards cause of small petty BS and that's fine... But those that are still around are some great people.

I think that it is up to people like that to keep the 1st gen community going. We are the ones who are going to help the newer boots figure out that a ganzflow is an option, or that if you rig up door hinges you can pivot your front license plate back above 45MPH. :)

Obviously some people talk about the management of the forums... I haven't seen it. Obviously someone put in time and effort into this forum and there is operating costs that need to be put in. Do you really think that memberships alone could support a server, the monthly expenses that go with hosting a site and such? Ads are there to create money for the site so it can still run...

Maybe I am just a little narrow minded, maybe I am not seeing it how others are, but how about if you have a problem with the way the site is managed go talk to the managers of the site. I'm sure Kevin has his reasons for running the site in a certain way and so do the mods.

·
Anonymous
3,818 Posts
I have a mobile solution coming. We didn't develop it but I was able to get rights to use it. I do have to make some changes which is why it is taking a little bit.

I realize there will always be some whiny pants, but I strive keep these forums going even if it means staying up all night, or canceling my plans when the site goes offline, or there is DDOS attack, or whatever grave **** comes our way.

I also listen especially to that one guy, Bue Car. I am jealous of him with his 95 Impreza, 95 L, and 07 STI. I mean wtf? Does he operate a medical marijuana dispensary or something?

I want his job.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
I'm a forum fanboi. Facebook groups are only for buying selling aside from small regional groups. If I want good technical information this is the place I come. I have also met some great people and built friendships through this site.

Forums 4 Lyfe!

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,874 Posts
Complains that there are too many noobs on the site "they are ruining the site" and "it's not what it used to be" but then later complains about lack of interest "faceballs is stealing all our traffic" and "the forum isn't what it used to be" Never change RS25, never change

·
2.5RSMatt
117 Posts
it has nothing to do with the way the forum is managed.

to me it sounds like you had an issue with management, still hold a grudge against the outcome and keep using that as a main excuse.
The beauty of beliefs is that we can all have them and they can be different. I believe it has a lot to do with the way this place has been managed. Maybe you think I'm talking about the mods but I'm not.

Grudge? Meh, but I won't let an unsettled outcome be swept under the rug. When someone steals from you only to deny the fact it certainly imprints a negative view on you regarding their management of the forum and their credibility as a business owner. I'm sure this individual believes that their actions were acceptable, he clearly stands upon a different set of beliefs than I. It's not easy nor cheap to run a forum but showing respect of members' property is free.

There are and were some wonderful members and vendors on this forum. These are the people/businesses who made and continue to make this place. Hats off to you folks! You are an asset to the future of this place.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts