Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I now have access to several CNC machines, and we'd like to make some cool parts for us RS guys in our time off. So let us know what you would want made?
So far Im thinking, the Oil Feed tube and/or cap, with EJ25 written on it?
And also a Brake fluid cap?
What else?
Pullies? Non Underdrive?
Anything inside the car?

shoot Us some ideas, Ive got alot myself but want to see if theyre worth making...

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I think the oil cap sounds like a good idea, but I don't have an EJ25 and EJ18 just doesn't sound as cool...maybe make one that says Subaru, Impreza, or GC8 or something like that? The brake fluid cap sounds cool also, but would you make a whole new cap or just a cover or what? :)

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I_H8_1.8 said:
I think the oil cap sounds like a good idea, but I don't have an EJ25 and EJ18 just doesn't sound as cool...maybe make one that says Subaru, Impreza, or GC8 or something like that? The brake fluid cap sounds cool also, but would you make a whole new cap or just a cover or what? :)
Probably just a new cap on the brake fluid
I can have many things machined into the caps, just have to be able to sell them in batches (no point in machining a one off, unless its something real special for myself :) )

as for suspension, Im thinking that we should start with the little stuff first, then maybe start that. And theres already a market for shift knobs, unless someone has some crazy idea for one?

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
The only thing I would be concerned about with the brake fluid cap is it sealing properly.

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I_H8_1.8 said:
The only thing I would be concerned about with the brake fluid cap is it sealing properly.
no worries we would either use the same stock seal or come up with a new one, actually I wanna check it out so Im gonna head to my car now lol:cool:

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kaos22B said:

no worries we would either use the same stock seal or come up with a new one, actually I wanna check it out so Im gonna head to my car now lol:cool:
Just checked it out, its sooo easy, just a little rubber seal that sits under the cap, it can transfer to the new ones...

does your 1.8 have the same setup as an RS? Got a pic of your engine bay?

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
How about some black guage surrounds that will fit standard size guages and fit into the stock guage housing. I'm not sure if it'll work, but if you're looking for something to do...

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
how about a cover or some sort that fits in front of the shifter. that little area that is right underneath the ashtray. i use that little area to put my cell phone, and the phone has been scratching it pretty good. i know a shop was gonna make it, but i guess that never happened.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
CNC brainstorm or brainfart?

JZ 007 got me thinking: How about an aluminum shifter gate? It could replace the leatherette boot area. Maybe that would be cool, maybe that would be deep rice teritory. What do you guys think? Another idea is a panel drilled for 4 or 6 gauges to fit in the double din stereo deck. The panel's holes should be cut on a bias so each gauge face points at the driver up and to the left.
After some hoodlum punk stole my CD player:curse::curse::curse: I replaced it and mounted it in my glove, so now I have a big double din hole in my dash in the hopes that it will disuade other hoodlum punks from going in again. So much for the OEM alarm!

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Throwing out ideas here

I'll second that one- Fuel Rails!
How about: Power steering resivoir and cap, affordable pulley sets, oil catch can, and a 1 piece torque air box for N/A with a 3" inlet, made of some kind of plastic? Phenolic, perhaps?
and a more functional hood scoop?

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
This is a functional useful part.

Ok on my RS I had oil temp/pressure gauges.

I hooked them up via a sandwich adapter that is used to relocate your oil filter, however I modified the adapter on a drill press to allow oil to just fall through and down into the filter (stock location) mounted below the adapter. used the treaded inlet & outlet ports to run line to my senders for oil temp and oil perssure.

This is useful and could be made much simpiler.

I don't really have any pictures of what I had, but if I can find something I'll let you know.

I can draw up what I'm saying if needed.

I'll third the fuel rails and second the power steering resivour.

Thanks - jon

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm waiting for somebody with some fiberglass skills to build a few sets of those gauge pods that mount on the steering column behind the steering wheel. Oh and in a 52MM gauge size.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
Kaos22B said:
Well guys I now have access to several CNC machines, and we'd like to make some cool parts for us RS guys in our time off. So let us know what you would want made?
So far Im thinking, the Oil Feed tube and/or cap, with EJ25 written on it?
And also a Brake fluid cap?
What else?
Pullies? Non Underdrive?
Anything inside the car?

shoot Us some ideas, Ive got alot myself but want to see if theyre worth making...
What's going on with this Kaos? You gonna make some stuff?

·
Registered
1999 2.5RS
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: What do YOU want made?

ampsarus said:
What's going on with this Kaos? You gonna make some stuff?

uhh seeing as how I just lost my car, I dont think Ill be doing much for a while, current parts are being manufactured for some Nissans, but not Subaru yet.
Im not here to make a business on it, I just want some cool customized stuff. But to just make one for myself?? That would be a nice waste of time.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Thread cleaned up.

I appreciate fun in fun threads, but in business threads I like people to stay on topic as much as possible.

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
2,214 Posts
I'd like to see a cheap GC8 radiator shoud, fuse box cover, and oil catch can.

THANKS FOR ASKING!!!!!!:drool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts