Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, the brake dust on my rims is driving me crazy, and is a pain to wipe/brush off. What do you folks use and what is (1) easy and (2) effective and (3) doesn't damage the rims (2000 RS 6-spoke jobbers.)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
I have the WRX wheels, but I've found Eagle One A2Z works pretty good. I have had the best results with just spraying it on and hosing it off versus all the other I have tried, but I found that it's best to use a brake dust brush along with it. Try it and you won't be disappointed!:)

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet - thanks dude. I'm going to go get some now. My rims look like shit - they are BLACK and it keeps getting harder and hard to get them clean.

I'll let you know how well it works later - thanks!

·
Registered
98, 00
30 Posts
I use to use armorall quicksilver and it worked great. I recently have used the stuff they came out with to replace the quicksilver and it sucks a big one. The quicksilver would remove almost everything with just a hose rinse, the new stuf barely removes anything:curse:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that A2Z stuff worked pretty darn good. It got 98% of the dust off the first time. And considering I have been unable to clean my rims like this for two years now I am very happy. Thanks for the tip :D

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
No problem! Since I used to work at Autozone, I tried a lot of different things, so I got to see what was good and what wasn't. Glad I could help out and even more glad I don't work there anymore!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts