Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
You can't see me!
bon 12
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like armoral and I've heard that it actually does more damage than good in the long run (dries out the plastics and makes them brittle). What do you guys use? I am not a fan of my dashboard reflecting the very bright sun into my face so I just need something to clean it and protect it.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
I use a Warm Damp Microfiber towel. :)

I quit using cleaners on my interior bits ages ago.
All they do is make everything greasy and shiny.

Basically, I start by using an old paint brush, a smaller one, like for model cars and what not, thy and find a harder one, without much give. I do all the cracks and crevasses this way, then use moist Q-tips for my vents and any other snarky places that collect dust and dirt, then follow with the damp MFT over all, followed by a dry MFT to get excess moisture and keep from spotting.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Armor-All Cleaning wipes (purple container) to clean up the dash, plastic and leather boots. Then the Protectant wipes (yellow container) to protect it. I used to use the Cleaning wipes every few days to keep it clean. Started using the Protectant wipes after cleaning and the dash becomes far less of a dust magnet.

The Orange Cleaning wipes (orange container) are awesome for stuff like drink stains on the dash (friend opens can of coke that sprays on dash, that kinda thing). Usually you can get a package with Cleaning/Orange Cleaning/Protectant and a container of glass wipes for way less coin than buying them separately. The glass wipes are great for instrument cluster clear plastic and doing interior windows. Not tough enough for exterior.

·
Registered
'99 2.5 RS Rally Blue Pearl
937 Posts
i agree with falcon's assesment of armorall products, and i think i use them in the same fashion :)

except for the leather stuff, i have eagle 1 leather cleaning/conditioning products, then again i have very little leather to work on...

·
You can't see me!
bon 12
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the last year or so I've just been using warm water and a 100% cotton towel (the ones that come in huge packs). For glass and what not I use a real shami (sp?) with hot water (and on the cluster as well).

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
Automagic interior dressing. I basically apply it with a terry cloth pad then wipe it down one last time with a dry terry cloth towel. Leaves a nice satin finish, not the greasy shine that glares like a mofo!

Willie

·
Registered
00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
3,239 Posts
remember use one product to clean, then another to shine...

--

armor all contains detergents, wich are bad to leave on plastic and allow to dry...

they work in the short term, but years from now will fade the colors...

·
Registered
'01 STM RS, GC6
3,048 Posts
flatlander4510 said:
303 Aerospace Protectant or Prima Nero FTW

+1 - I'm finally about to buy a huge jug of Aero for my car

In the meantime;

1. Mother's Back to Black trim dressing (is that like turkey stuffing?)
2. Spray Nine - super effen awesome for white and light colored cars when used properly
3. ArmorAll Protectant wipes.
4. Stoner's Invisible Glass of most sorts
5. Rain X

Pretty fond of this site for info..

http://autopia.org/forum/

·
Registered
'01 STM RS, GC6
3,048 Posts
salvator_rizzo said:
haha i make it quick
simple green and a rag works every time, otherwise, if i want it looking super spiffy, armor all does the trick

Dude, for some reason the way Simple Green smells makes me want to die.

Spray Nine > Simple Green ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts