Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

what do you guys think

797 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  krzemienr 
#1 ·
#3 ·
it's a rs tranny, I'm sure a clutch upgrade will be in the near future, it's got no codes, but they are letting me bring my scanner so I can see if they deleted something but it's still stores in memory and I was told I would be given the phone number of the seller so I can get more info on the car.

#9 · (Edited)
well here's the thing and that's why I'm going back during the day to look at the engine, the intake manifold is not red (1st sign it is not a STI engine) but I have 2 questions, since I couldn't make out the engine code on the receipt the old owner faxed me over.... I need 2 things from you guys, where on the block is the code/VIN located (it's been a while since i have actually seen these boxers) also, is there an easy way to check which turbo it is I know the stock 04-06 STI's came with a VF39 and the 07 came with the VF43 turbo, it's kinda crammed under from what I have seen so can i just look at the turbo inlet side and see it with good light?

#13 ·
well still doesn't answer my question, where's the engine code located on the block? I'm sure i'll be able to get the price down quite a few now, or call the better business buro
for false advertising, and i actually need to show the dealer this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.